Thread: Stills blurred in a slideshow

Default Stills blurred in a slideshow

Hi I am trying to make a slideshow made up of screenshots of a website using Sony Vegas pro 8.0

However the images are all blurred even in the preview, I am working to 720 x 480, my screenshots are 910 x 607 so shouldnt be too small, they are 72dpi if that makes any difference?

I dont know what settings could be causing this as they all seem to do with bitrates and stuff, im new to video so if anyone can help me that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiedust View Post
    ....they are 72dpi if that makes any difference?
    - Yes. You are spreading the "butter" very thinly over a large piece of "toast". If I am correct in reading what you say, then 72dpi is in fact 72 Dots per Inch. In which case I am amazed you are get getting actually ANYTHING! What Vegas might now be doing is dithering(?)/blurring and filling in the gaps to make up the difference. I'd start over and capture at a much higher capture resolution. Or do a very much smaller Vegas resolution project.

ok, ive tried reacapturing at 300, 600 and 1000 dpi all with the same blurry results, the thing is the actual 'print size' of my image is always going to be the same, about 1 by 1.5 inches, could this be the issue? if I was to make it bigger I would have to resample the capture once ive got it which is going to reduce quality itself.

when you say work to a lower vegas resolution, do you mean the size of the project? ive tried 320 x 240 and 1920 x 1080 both with very similar results, so its got to be something else, is there another resolution setting ive missed, most of these settings dont mean much to me...

I think I've missed understanding your problem. As well as I might I can't understand what is going on, my apologies. But you do now have decent dpi to now expand to the project size. That is not part of the equation.

I don't understand why, now that you have increased your project size, you are getting blurring. Weird? You don't have any blur feature attached to the media? Can you check against some Vegas media or some other media? At present you have me beat. Hmmm.... ?

Grasping at straws here, but what format did you save the media in? What graphics s/w?

Can you post a "good" and "bad" version of the stills?