Thread: Premiere 6.5 performance deteriorating.

Default Premiere 6.5 performance deteriorating.

I’m starting to get an increasing number of problems occurring on Adobe Premiere, and am now at the stage where its is almost unusable for what I am doing. When I started of using it a few months ago, it was fine, there were no problems at all. After about a month, some of the audio on my Mpeg files would have an annoying buzzing sound for a second in it, when dropped into the timeline, and exported. Next, Premiere refused to process DV audio, it just wouldn’t work, at first it was only a few files that wouldn’t work, but towards the end of the video I was editing, none of the DV audio files would work, Premiere just wouldn’t play them, or they would be all static. At about the same time, Premiere started to reject Mp3 files, they would be broken up, and small pieces would be missing, or static, when dropped into the timeline.

Now, my Mpeg files that I have successfully edited before on Premiere, freeze on a frame 2 or 3 seconds before the end of a clip, this is happening every time, no matter what settings I have set. I have tried reinstalling Premiere, but that doesn’t work. All these problems only occur to the files when they have been dropped into the timeline, and from then on, they remain, they don’t go away after the videos been exported, to Mpeg, Avi, and other formats I have tried. I know that ideally I shouldn’t be editing with Mpeg files of any type, but I shoot most of my video on my digital camera, so I have no choose. If the fact that they were Mpeg was causing the problem, I could live with this, but what I don’t understand is that I used to be able to use these files without any problems, and now I can’t do anything with them.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could give me any idea or what is going wrong. The only thing I could think of, is the automatic updates that periodically occur, have something to do with it. Could this be the case, and is there anyway to delete them?

Cheers
    Chris

Blog Entries

Have you tried converting the files to DV outside of Premiere first (for example in VirtualDub) and then editing these files in Premiere?

That was what I was planning to do if all else failed, but I wanted to see if their was anything I could do to fix the problem first. You don't think deleteing the update files could help?

Blog Entries

Default Editing mpeg with Premiere

From Mark Bailey, one of Main Concept's chiefies: Adobe's view is that editing with mpeg has limitations because of the high compression, and the way some frames are calculated. Quality deteriorates significantly when rendered multiple times. There are, apparently, some third party plug-ins that will enable it with 6.5, but they don't specify any.

I tried it months ago (not realising that it's not designed to edit mpegs) and got nothing but squirks, buzzes and pops. It's surprising that you got those results. Why not do a search for these plug-ins?

I'll have a look. The thing that bothers me is that this wasn't always a problem, I was using the same clips sucessfully a few months ago, but now many are useless.

Also, the sound problems are not limited to Mpeg, they are also efecting the sound from DC clips I am editing, it is solved when I convert the sound to WAvs, this takes a long time converting all the sound and importing/dropping into the timeline separtly. This never used to happen.

Blog Entries

defragged recently?