Thread: pics and sound

Default pics and sound

hi again folks
    been some time now but we have adobe premier elements 3 under control and have produced to our satisfaction around 12 dvds of hols...so what you say

now we are getting all our 35mm transparencies put onto digital CD or DVD

when i get it back i want to add sound...and do some copies

i suspect this may be simple on APE3...

can anyone give me the way to do it please

yours
    geof, manchester

Are the images going on as separate files or are they being put on as a slideshow?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Are the images going on as separate files or are they being put on as a slideshow?
    they will be put on as separate files...then music added
    i expect the viewers will view the CD on a slide show player...like in windows

is this what you needed to know

ps i tried out windows movie maker etc...it downsizes the shots so much they are rubbish on full screen on playback

remember i have premier elements 3 but havent tried to work out what to do with it..yet
    but...edit
    from doing the video's...could we do separate projects..one for each person and then have them open as choices for viewing
    Last edited by mrcrow; 10-20-2009 at 05:45 PM.

You are getting the images put on first and then you plan to add music over them. Surely you can do all that yourself? Load all your images into the timeline in APE3 and put your music track on an audio track below the images. Extend the length of the first and last images and put a black image before the first and after the last images and use a fade in or cross dissolve to bring in the first image and the opposite with the last image. You could render an interactive dvd if you know how to go about making one.

You are getting the images put on first and then you plan to add music over them. Surely you can do all that yourself? Load all your images into the timeline in APE3 and put your music track on an audio track below the images. Extend the length of the first and last images and put a black image before the first and after the last images and use a fade in or cross dissolve to bring in the first image and the opposite with the last image. You could render an interactive dvd if you know how to go about making one.
    we are getting the images from a CD which are slides scanned by others
    i intended putting all the images on my laptop...287 of them around 1.5Mb each...and then i can see what you mean
    import them and pull them around on the timeline to the correct order...
    in the meantime i have been thinking that this cant be as hard as doing the video editing..so..as you pointed out i can import the music which i have done in the past from a CD on the laptop..and then start the process for burning
    the thing you mentioned about extending the first and last...does that sort of stretch the time the image is on relative to the others..i guess?
    and the black image...how do i produce one?...take a pic in the dark? which sounds feasible
    the fades we havent used at all for video ..just on the sound track parts
    so we need to investigate how to do that
    as for an interactive dvd...what purpose does that serve and how does the viewer benefit?
    glad of you input
    thanks a lot
    cheers
    geof

287 pictures is going to take a while to transfer onto the timeline. When you import an image into Premiere it has a default length that it stays onscreen for, it is 6 seconds and you can drag this out to make it stay onscreen for longer or you can shorten it. If a picture has a lot of detail on it or if you create a title card with lots of text on it you may wish to keep it onscreen for longer than 6 seconds. The reason why I suggested you extend the length of time for the first and last images is because if you put a Dip to Black or Cross Dissolve on them, that will take up between 1.5 and 2 seconds for the image appear as the transition needs time to work through.

The black images are done by going to FILE->NEW->BLACK VIDEO and when it appears in the Project window click and drag it down to the timeline. Click on the Effects tab->Video Transitions->Dissolve->Cross Dissolve, click on the small triangle at the side to open the folder. Click and drag the transition and place it between the two images. A red line will appear above them so you need to press the Enter key to render the images and the transition.

'from doing the video's...could we do separate projects..one for each person and then have them open as choices for viewing'... I took this to mean you wanted to offer your viewer choices when they were watching your disc.

great info to helpthe poster along. I have APE4 which allows one to add menu markers in the timeline, which will allow the viewer to pick specifically the pics they want to view, ie skip just to the pics they wish to watch, i am however unsure if this offered with APE3 ??

287 pictures is going to take a while to transfer onto the timeline. When you import an image into Premiere it has a default length that it stays onscreen for, it is 6 seconds and you can drag this out to make it stay onscreen for longer or you can shorten it. If a picture has a lot of detail on it or if you create a title card with lots of text on it you may wish to keep it onscreen for longer than 6 seconds. The reason why I suggested you extend the length of time for the first and last images is because if you put a Dip to Black or Cross Dissolve on them, that will take up between 1.5 and 2 seconds for the image appear as the transition needs time to work through.

The black images are done by going to FILE->NEW->BLACK VIDEO and when it appears in the Project window click and drag it down to the timeline. Click on the Effects tab->Video Transitions->Dissolve->Cross Dissolve, click on the small triangle at the side to open the folder. Click and drag the transition and place it between the two images. A red line will appear above them so you need to press the Enter key to render the images and the transition.

'from doing the video's...could we do separate projects..one for each person and then have them open as choices for viewing'... I took this to mean you wanted to offer your viewer choices when they were watching your disc.
    discretion etc....

we have the initial scan results from the processor and feel they are sufficient to view without adding music
    i think i will give this a bye and do some practice myself for future projects

287 photos at 6 secs is 28.7 minutes...didnt realise it was so long

the 'project' idea was each set of pics were of our 3 children growing up
    around average 80 shots per person...and then 40 of other family shots...old black and whites etc.

i can still do this as i will be putting all the processed slide/digi's onto my vault

i do understand now the black and extend idea

thanks again
    geof