Thread: Problem with importing clips into vegas pro?

Angry Problem with importing clips into vegas pro?

Hi,

Im trying to make a video in sony vegas pro 8 but there's a problem with my clips:

I import a video clip into the program and it shows up in the timeline but only about a quarter of it does and then it just cuts off. It doesn't even it in te preview box, or when i render it, its just completely gone.

Also, there is audio track in the clip. This happens for about 5 of the 10 similar clips i have. it's bizarre because they are all the same file type (.avi) and are all playable on both windows media player and vlc media player with no problems. Also, they import and render perfectly in windows movie maker.

I've been trying fix this for a long time. I've tried shutting down the program, restarting my computer, importing the video in different ways - nothing.

I've checked so many forums and i cant find anything listed on this problem, please can anyone help me?!

Specs for your Video Clip. Don't just say "avi" - we need to know what is inside. Download G-Spot and drop your AVI on to it. You will get a great deal of info out of this utility about your AVI. Where DID you get the avi from?

Specs for your Project.

Specs for your rendering.

If you want assistance, then your "question" needs to be more informing than it is at the moment.