Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRiver H320 Video converting

Default IRiver H320 Video converting

I dont know anything about video editing, but i recently bought an H320 and heard of its video playing capabilities, so i looked up on the net how to get it done, and was directed to this site -(http://www.marcpeters.co.uk/video-iriver-h320.htm). I went through the steps and everything was going smoothly until i got to the part where i needed to change the amount of frames per second. The example shown in the guide was different from what i was working with.

Instead of having the 3 catagories - Source Rate Reduction, Frame Rate Conversion, and Inverse Telecine; i had the options - Source Rate Reduction, Frame Rate Decimation and Inverse Telecine. On top of this, i have no "Convert to Fps __________" option. Just my luck, this is what i am sopose to change. I tried changing the source rate to 10 fps instead, but it just made the video really slow. I know you guys are way better at this then i am, and its probly something very simple. Can anyone help please?

Blog Entries

Download the latest version of VirtualDub from here: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/v...se_mirror=kent

alrite awsome the new version works, but the video is kinda choppy on the h320 and it starts to fall behind. The problem is mentioned at the end of the guide and it says to decrease the bitrate. How do i come about doing that?

PS: Thanks for the help

okay so i figured out how to decrease the bitrate and i went from 450 to 200, to 100, to 25. All it did was make the picture quality worse and worse. The visual was still choppy and dragged behind the audio. Any suggestions would be extremly appreciated. Thanx

Blog Entries

As the Iriver wasn't strictly signed for playing video, you may have to wait for another firmware update - the specs used in the guide are as per the press release, so those are the settings to achieve the "best" video.

I can't really see anyway that you would be able to improve beyond what you have already to be honest. What is the video like on playback on your PC?

visual picture is really good 450 and locks perfect with the audio on the PC. At 200 Kbps visual picture is still good on the PC and audio matchs visual. Below 200 it gets kinda effy on the picture quality, but i would accept down to 100, if i could get it to play properly on my h320.

When i play the file on my iriver at any bitrate, the video is shoppy, aswell as sometimes speeding up and sometimes slowing down. The video drags behind the audio. Changing bitrate doesnt seem to make a difference, but im so close to getting this to work i dont want to give up. I'm even willing to accept choppy video as long as it's insync with the audio. Oh please doesnt anyone know what to do? It would be so incredible if i could get this to work.

I have also tried every bitrate possible but nothing to do! I have downloaded the little iriver movie for demonstration and it works good.Normal when you see the quality of the movie.I have discovered that it's not the bitrate the problem but the frame rate.As long as it cannot read a higher frame rate you can do anything you want, won't change a thing.
    I have given up for the moment, waiting for a new firmware update.

Regards

well cant we somehow look at all the stats of the demo movie supplied by Iriver (a movie that we know works ), and figure out everything that needs to be changed in order to make it a movie that works on the h320. Is there some way to c what the demo movie has that ours dont?

Blog Entries

Sure, post a link and I'll have a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Sure, post a link and I'll have a look at it.
    Link for Iriver h320 demonstration movie:
    http://www.iriver.com/data/support/d.../iriver_cf.avi

I've already had a look and compared to the videos I made: same but the video of course and you will see by yourself doesn't need 25fps !
    I've tried encoding soaps as joey or Will and Grace = crap!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast