Thread: Old Party

Default Old Party

This is a footage from a party that me and my mates had a couple of years back, most of my mates think it's fun, but then again, it's always fun to see old footage of each other acting stupid.

Anyway, I thought that I should post it here.

Reason why I'm posting it here, is because love working with video and want to get better, so please, don't hold back on the critism

anyway here it is

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Well I managed to watch your video to the end without bailing which is pretty good for footage of a bunch of folk I don't know at all. You might not know it now but you will treasure this film in years to come. I recently found a film I made with my mates when I was about 14, thats 36yrs ago now and it was just wonderful to see them as they were once again.

Now as a film for you and your mates its fine, we can all watch ourselves messing around. However for a general audience then of course its not the same and I suspect some may bail out of your film due to lack of variety of shots.

I loved the titles and they way you used them to introduce characters into the film. The intro and exit is a bit naff but then again it depends how experienced you were 2 years ago. We have all used those effects but I probably wouldn't use them now

Music choice was unusual for the age group in the film but I really liked it. The speeded up footage was a good effect however it jarred after a while and for me I would have preferred a mix of that and normal speed. Last but not least more camera angles, close-ups of faces etc would all lend to a much better film.

Good effort

Shrimpy

Blog Entries

Like Shrimpy, I thought the titles were great - a very striking colour of yellow which worked well with the B&W footage.
    Like Shrimpy I thought that it really needed close-ups, different angles etc. As it stands I think it will be a disappointment in a few years that you can't see your mates features as clearly as you might.

Unlike Shrimpy I did bail, after about two minutes. I was intrigued for a while, but realised after a while that it was all going to be much of the same. I liked the speeding up/slowing down treatment, but it became tedious.
    Tim

I watched it till the end but didn't get the point of the film, maybe it is something only you and your mates got. Too many cut of heads, too many back of head shots, camera in same position for 90% of the the film, nothing of any interest to progress the narrative, just you and your buddies sitting around drinking and smoking, where's the film in that? If your intention was to replicate a style from Quentin Tarantino or Oceans Eleven, you need to dig out those films and study them more closely.

Thanks for all of the replys, and helpful advice!

The footage is about 7 years old, and there was no plan of making it into a edited movie when it was shoot, point of it was to see how the we changed as the beer slowly drained our brains cells. So thats the main reason why the lack of camera angels and zoom ups.

And as Nikosony said, it might have been a bit fail Quentin Tarantino style, but thats were the music came from

-

Anyway, I'm working on my next movie and I'll keep in mind to shoot it from different angels. and the footage wont be 7 years old so it might be a bit better there

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalRebel View Post
    This is a footage from a party that me and my mates had a couple of years back, most of my mates think it's fun, but then again, it's always fun to see old footage of each other acting stupid.

Anyway, I thought that I should post it here.

Reason why I'm posting it here, is because love working with video and want to get better, so please, don't hold back on the criticism

anyway here it is

YouTube - Pylsu Ball

The previous posts to mine got it in a nut shell, I almost watched all of it, but what the hey! R gutz a short attention span so only watched around 2 n a bit minutes!..

BTW I loved it for the first two n a bit minutes, but not long affer dat - I had a gutz full..

Good luck n cheers! as I enjoyed it!

Pete..
    May the Universe return a hundred
    fold what you charge unto others