Thread: Sony Vegas Video - Pan/Zoom using Parent Motion

Default Sony Vegas Video - Pan/Zoom using Parent Motion

I want to pan and zoom around a bunch of photos and videos using Sony Vegas Video.

The problem I have run into is that I am limited by my project setting resolution. So if my project is 1440 x 1080, I cannot use parent motion to zoom out to see all the child tracks beyond 1440 x 1080.

This means that any photos or video that I want to pan to has to be small enough to fit within those bounds, therefore, around 300x200.

Here's a quick example I made, and as you see, the photos are low resolution in order to be small enough to pan between.

Anyone know how to work around this? Or do I have to abandon Vegas and use After Effects. I would like to be able to create something similar to this: RevoStock | After Effects Commercials (Elite) | Deluxe Contact Sheet Template

My brain cell is not functioning yet, I don't understand your problem? Can you put it another way?

I would like to be able to create something similar to this: RevoStock | After Effects Commercials (Elite) | Deluxe Contact Sheet Template
    Posted via Mobile Device . Basically I can't zoom out far enough in Vegas to do that.

So, what is your "Still" wall comprised of, in terms of numbers of stills High x Wide? 4x3? 6x8? 10x10 or what?

I received an answer to my problem here: Pan/Crop Camera motion beyond Project Setting Frame Size

Unfortunately, Vegas limits you to the project setting's resolution, which has a max of 2k of 4k (vegas 8 or 9).

My still "wall" cannot have a resolution higher than the project setting resolution due to Vegas' limitations, so it was comprised of a 1440x1080 background with images that were about 200x300 each.

So the max you could possibly do is ~4,000x4,000 if you have Vegas 9 or ~2,000x2,000 for Vegas 8.
    Last edited by millertime83; 10-12-2009 at 05:08 PM.