Thread: Jaggies with Premier Elements. Any solution?

Default Jaggies with Premier Elements. Any solution?

First post on here and I hope someone can help. I'm trying to capture some holdiay footage and make a DVD for my family. The video was captured on a Sony DV camcorder and I've tried Windows Movie Maker and Adobe Premier Elements to capture the viedo off the tapes and edit them.

Iv'e downloaded and am trialling Premier Elements and the capture process seems quite flaky. The software is locking up and stops/freezes every now and then.

The video that is captured isn't great. Any characteres moving int he scenes have jaggies/distortion on the and its quite blurry. I tried making a flash movie for Youtube and it was horrendous, couldnt see a thing!

Is this most likely a hardware or software problem do you think?

Hardware is: Intel C2D @ 2.4Ghz, Win XP, 4Gb RAM, ATI X1800XT 128MB RAM graphics card.

Windows Movie Maker captures from the DV camera fine, but the editing options are.....limited. I really like the Pre. Elements interface.

Thanks for any insight.

When was the last time you re-installed windows?

Having a cluttered up installation of windows is not very good for your computer and it will get slower and slower. You hardware specs are fine.

Try defragmenting your hard disk first and see if that helps. Can I assume you are using a Firewire cable to connect the camcorder to the computer?

Actually, it was an old Windows install! Last night I formatted the drive and installed Win 7 RC x64. The machine feels much, much faster and Win7 is so slick. I have 6Gb of RAM now too, so that should improve things as well.

I've defragged and will re-install the program tonight and attempt the capture again. I am using the Firewire connections too.

Will post back the results. Thank for the replies.

Good luck.

The last time i re-installed windows was about 6 months ago and i'm now feeling the sluggish ways of my pc.