Thread: How do i import a avi file to Pinnacle st 9

Default How do i import a avi file to Pinnacle st 9

Hi, I'm new here but I loved to mess around with videophotography.
    I have been using Pinnacle Studio 9.3+ for some time & have gotten use to it. I have another source which captured a video file as AVI, BUt I do not see how to correctly put it to pinnacle so it can reconize it. I tried to copy & paste the avi file into the same folder which pinnacle captures my video from my camcorder but it will NOT open it in Pinnacle ??

You say you used another source to capture the AVI file what was it? Will windows Media play the file. Is it possible that the file is corrupt?

Just my first thoughts. If it's a normal AVI file pinnacle should play it ok. I can I clarify does Pinnacle see the file or is it that it can't play it?

Yes it is a avi file from some spy sunglasses, Windows Media palyer does play it, & you can edit in Movie maker, But first, I don't know the CORRECT way to get this file to pinnacle. What i did was just copy & paste it in the folder where my capture video goes from the camcorder, but it won't open in pinnacle. I don't see anywhere of how to import a file into pinnacle studio 9.3+ ??

Right thanks for the clarification. I think your issue is very simple to overcome. You simply open pinnacle into the editing tab. Then click on the folder button to open up the windows explorer style box. Find the location of the file on you PC and double click it. Pinnacle will then see it.

I tried the above & it says "Pinnacle studio plus is not enabled for PAL" Now i'm not sure , but i don't think it is PAL ??? Windows media player opens it & I can edit in movie maker ???

Well you could try changing your setting to PAL and see if that will allow you to edit your files. Apart from that I'm stumped.

Hey Midnight Blue, thanks for the help, But i figured part of the problem, It seems to be PAL. I temporarily used a converter & did as you stated in above post & Pinnacle did reconize the file. Being you seem to know about Pinnacle St 9, I would like to ask you about adding Music to a project. When I use pinnacle st9 editing a project,If i want to use a certain song off of my computer , the only way i know to get it to the project is to have it on disc(cd) first?? I use to be able to go right into my computer & add a certain song to the project with Studio 7, but i don't see this in St 9??? Am i missing something??

I'm glad you got the video bit sorted out. To put a music file in to Pinnacle click on the album tab at the top and choose music then click on the second folder icon from the drop down box to point to the folder and file you want.

Ok, here I go again, There is NO Music tab showing in Album.. Under Album,there is Caputured Video,Transistions,Titles,photos,sound effects,disc menues...
    But as typing this I figured it out. MANNNN you have been A VERY BIG Help. For about a year or so I wanted to do this & now you have helped me tremendously. I REALLY REALLY thank you for all the help. I may have more questions later..

Your very welcome.