Thread: Want to do a project/help needed

Default Want to do a project/help needed

So I am gonna post this here, direct me where to go if I should go elsewhere.

Basically for a few years I've been wanting to make a certain type of snowboarding video, just for fun on my own time because I think they will be really cool. What I want to do is attach a camera to either my boot or my helmet when I'm riding in a first person kind of thing. I'm a high level rider and want to share what it's like to ride. I don't have a camera yet and don't know anything about the technology, I am good with computers (I built the one I'm on right now) but I know nothing about cameras and video editing. What I want the videos to be like is to cut the sound of the camera out for the most part and put in some music (e.g. daft punk, crystal method), maybe dim the music and put in the sound of the camera while in the air and when I land the music kick backs in. I know I'll need some way to stabilize the shot, not sure how I can do this, are there good enough cameras with this technology? I will also need some help with the video editing because I want to add in some effects, some colors or graphics in certain parts to add a cartoon cel-shaded look to go along with the music. I've been wanting to do this for years and now I live right by the mountains so I will have a chance to go to a bunch of different resorts and finally make these videos. Any help you could give me whatsoever would be great, this thread is just a feeler and when the resorts open in a month I intend to do whatever I can to accomplish this goal. I am willing to spend 1000$ to get this going.

Blog Entries

What you want to do is possible and it shouldn't cost you thousands, unless you get professional help, which might be the way to go if you want the movie to have a commercial life.

Small AVCHD camcorders around the $1k mark will have stabilizers which will work well enough for what you want to do. You might have to do a bit of research to find out whether the Sony or Canon system is better for short, sharp movements but the latest Canons' steady-shot is superb.

Any one of the popular prosumer edit systems (Vegas, premiere, Final Cut, etc etc) will be able to produce the effects you want.

I'm sure others will come along and be more specific...

hi to every one