Thread: Problems converting a 720x576 pal DV anamorphic widescreen Avi for Youtube.

Default Problems converting a 720x576 pal DV anamorphic widescreen Avi for Youtube.

Hi there. I've edited a 3 minute film and exported the result as an 645mb 720x576 Pal DV Avi file.

I want to upload it to Youtube and Vimeo, but obviously these sites only understand square pixels so my 16:9 anamophic film ends up squished.

I've now got AVS video converter and, I'm very impressed generally. It allows me to change the aspect ratio to 1024x576pixels, but the resulting files are about 30-90mb, and whilst impressive, they are not the quality of the original. I don't want to shrink my avi in size just change the AR.

I tired the uncompressed Avi preset (changing the aspect ratio), but for some reason the colours were all skewed resulting in people with blue faces.

Does anyone have the best method of getting my film onto You tube using AVS at the maximum possible quality?

Many thanks.

When uploading to youtube and the such i use the h.264 codec.

It is very good, it uses square pixels, produces a brilliant picture and audio quality and yields a small video file size.

Quote Originally Posted by smifis View Post
    When uploading to youtube and the such i use the h.264 codec.

It is very good, it uses square pixels, produces a brilliant picture and audio quality and yields a small video file size.
    Thanks for your reply smifis...Do you use AVS to produce your h.264 files, and -if so- which preset do you use?

I've tried quite a few of the h.264 presets...and I seemed to be getting a big loss in quality. i.e my mixes were pixellating and the like.

Cheers.

A

Unfortunatly i use Adobe Media Encoder but when i get home i will see what setting i use and hopefully you can put them in.

Thanks Smifis. I've taken your advice and done it as h.264. I think part of the problem was that parts of my film weren't deinterlaced, so fast movement looked rubbish. I've deinterlaced the whole thing and re-encoded as h.264 3000kbs, and it looks pretty good now. It's still only 60 mb which seems very small to me.

I would be interested to know your settings though. Many thanks.

I haven't used that AVS software but your settings of h.264 and a data rate of 3000Kbs sounds right as I have used that on MPEGStreamclip1.2. It will let you stretch out 720 x 576 dv video to fill the widescreen player that Youtube now uses for SD video.

Hi, I use iWisoft Easy Video Converter, It supports converting avi to flv and advanced editting. It's good and free.
    Last edited by hello123; 11-18-2009 at 05:44 AM.