Thread: Wedding Disaster!

Default Wedding Disaster!

I recently filmed my own wedding with my fathers camera and Tripod and thought I had it all set up correctly and in my ignorance when we watched it back didn't realise that the night vision button was left on! Now we all have a green glow which I find amusing but my new wife doesn't! Are there any places you can get it corrected?

Yes, nearly any sort of restoration can be done but it would be cheaper to get a divorce.

Without seeing a sample of the video I couldn't really say what could economically be done.

Good luck

Perth, Western Australia

What sort of editing setup can you get your hands on??? In Sony Vegas you have a myriad of colour correction tools. Getting a pro to do it might be expensive but then again a divorce would cost even more.

Definately grab a still frame from the video and let the experts here decide whether it can be salvaged or not!!

I doubt anything could bring night vision into anything resembling normal. If it could I'm sure NATO would have a simple headset convertor for the troops by now
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Well short of sending it to Lucas film's FX people you're ****ed.
    The only thing I can think may salvage it is to convert to B&W, then try and get a reasonable looking 'tone' to it using a shade of say, sepia. Very much a case of "suck it and see" though. Good luck!

Western Europe

Have to agree with Archie, you are basically screwed having the video recorded with that green colour in it. I did a negative back to normal look on a tape about 2 years ago so there was a way out for that but for nightvision I doubt it. Try Archies idea and hope for the best, but trying to get the full colour back again sounds like it is impossible.