Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exit Music (for a Film)

Default Exit Music (for a Film)

This is a video I made to accompany my cover version (recorded with a guitarist friend) of "Exit Music (for a Film)" by Radiohead, the original version of which played at the end of "William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet".

Forum moderators: please note, this is NOT a fan video

I'd be grateful for any feedback

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_VanH3g]YouTube - Exit Music (for a Film) -- video for cover of a Radiohead song[/ame]

How did you do that?

Looks cool doesn't it.

He probably used maya and maya live.

Cool stuff. I swear this was in the BIAFF film festival???
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

I think its brilliant and quite spell binding to watch.

Thanks for the interest and kind comments. If you like it, please feel free to share the link ... I am trying to build an audience!

Yes, it was in BIAFF. And, no, I didn't use Maya... here is an explanation of the technique

Ken Kasriel

Quote Originally Posted by lingyai View Post
    Thanks for the interest and kind comments. If you like it, please feel free to share the link ... I am trying to build an audience!

Yes, it was in BIAFF. And, no, I didn't use Maya... here is an explanation of the technique

Ken Kasriel
    Wow, I read your explanation on how you did it. It must have driven you nearly insane to getting the lip sink right after finding the software would through it out.

Very well done on a pain staking job. The result was worth the work. It is an excellent piece of art.

Blog Entries

Well, you should be proud of yourself. The video looks deceptively simple and yet is captivating. It also shows that (a) it's not the software, it's how you use it and (b) even with the software, a lot of effort is needed to make it look good.

I particularly like that you didn't use someone else's music abilities but stuff you'd recorded yourself (okay, you didn't write it but credit where it's due, you performed it well).

All in all I think it's worthy of praise.

Thank you both. I'm really pleased it reaches people.

The project was something of a trap, because after testing the software successfully on very short clips, I just assumed it would work on longer ones too (there's a lesson there, I reckon), and got to work finding photos and planning the storyboard. By the time I'd finished that I was really excited about what I was going to make.

When the first actual sequence failed, I was crestfallen, and then angry, and finally determined not to give up. Frankly it was minor obession which pushed me through. Overall I like how it came out, but I probably won't do it again !

In fairness to the CrazyTalk software -- it has moved on by a version or two since then; also, it might behave differently on different PCs. Probably best for anyone who's interested to download a trial version and see for themself.

Blog Entries

I bought version 5 a few months back (Digital Juice had 50% off) but not had any inspiration for using it yet. A combination of your experience and the excellent results you obtained leads me to believe I probably never will.
    Great video.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast