Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't reopen a work-in-progress once I've closed it.

Default Can't reopen a work-in-progress once I've closed it.

I can start making a video on Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0, but the second I go to save it (not Save As), it comes up saying the program has stopped working and I have to exit. Yesterday I started the video again, worked on it for about two hours, NOT saving it throughout, because it would freeze. I then clicked Save As, saving about eight different times under a different name each time, thinking at least one of them might work. But today when I go to load one, NONE of them work. They load about 12% and then come up saying the program has stopped working. So to avoid this I have to leave the laptop and the program running constantly and NOT save it. But I can't just leave my laptop on all night! PLEASE help, I don't want to start the video all over again!

Sounds like a "local" issue.

What size and how much is free on your hard drive of this laptop?

I admit I don't know a LOT about computers, so I don't know what 'local' means. But I can tell you the video is 103KB so far, and the hard drive has 287 GB of space, with 200 GB free.

Quote Originally Posted by smeg_who View Post
    . .. so I don't know what 'local' means.
    It means the specification and general working ability of the laptop or pc or network.

. . the hard drive has 287 GB of space, with 200 GB free.
    That's plenty. So you have only used up 87gb?

But I can tell you the video is 103KB so far,
    . . now THAT can't be correct? Maybe the Vegas Project file is 103kb, but NOT the Video? Video takes up oodles of space. Actually can you determine how much, and just where your captured video is? Is it on the same hard drive?

Have you had any other issues with applications - WORD/Office/Games/Internet etc etc, with this laptop? Are you running antivirus software and any other background applications while you are running Vegas?

What is the spec of your laptop: RAM, hard drive/s motherboard speed and operating system (Vista/XP)?

Yeah, I've only used 87gb and sorry, the vegas project file is that many kb, I haven't rendered it yet so I guess it's not technically a video haha sorry.
    Is that what captured vid means? Rendered?
    If so, all my stuff is on one hard drive.
    No, no issues with other applications, and I'm not running any antivirus either. No programs while vidding.

Um...it's Vista.

Can you check to see if Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0 is compatible with VISTA?

It would appear to be, check here for more info:-

Sony Creative Software - Vegas Movie Studio Release Notes

Now, what version of VMSP8 are you on? It is up to Version8 "d"?

What is yours?

Actually, what format of footage are you using? AVCHD?MPG? AVI? MOV? Or what?

I'm really starting to think that it is the Media you are bringing in and whether or not you have the correct CODECS to allow Plat8 to get on with the job.

So, what is the media you are using and what have got your Project settings set at?

Grrrr I've just lost two days' work on it because my laptop crashed and obviously I didn't save it because that makes it crash too!
    My dad had a look at it today did some research and he thinks it's that Vegas isn't compatible with Vista, because I have it on another computer that's XP and it works fine. So don't worry, my dad's going to redo my laptop using xp and we'll make it work. But thankyou for your time and consideration anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast