Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm blogging!

Blog Entries

Default I'm blogging!

I'm blogging, I'm blogging, I'm blogging, I'm blogging... I hope you like blogging too!

http://www.marcpeters.co.uk/blog

I'll make it all flash and tidy like SOON!

If anyone else has their own BLOG, feel free to post the linkage in this here thread. I may even host your VERY own one if you beg... but you'd have to BEG big time and say thank you and everything!

Blog Entries

I got me blog looking a bit more personalised. That link again:

http://www.marcpeters.co.uk/blog

i have times twelve the respect for marc, now that he has made an official reference to marley and the wailers. i saw the wailers last month and they were pretty good. but just magnificent.
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"

Looks weird in Firefox

And Mozilla too
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

Fixed.

OK, I know it's a gap in my education but I'm amongst friends (I hope) so will ask. What's a 'blog'? What makes it a blog as oppsoed to another web site then?

Blog Entries

While weblogs had always included a mix of links, commentary, and personal notes, in the post-Blogger explosion increasing numbers of weblogs eschewed this focus on the web-at-large in favor of a sort of short-form journal. These blogs, often updated several times a day, were instead a record of the blogger's thoughts: something noticed on the way to work, notes about the weekend, a quick reflection on some subject or another. Links took the reader to the site of another blogger with whom the first was having a public conversation or had met the previous evening, or to the site of a band he had seen the night before. Full-blown conversations were carried on between three or five blogs, each referencing the other in their agreement or rebuttal of the other's positions. Cults of personality sprung up as new blogs appeared, certain names appearing over and over in daily entries or listed in the obligatory sidebar of "other weblogs" (a holdover from Cam's original list). It was, and is, fascinating to see new bloggers position themselves in this community, referencing and reacting to those blogs they read most, their sidebar an affirmation of the tribe to which they wish to belong.
    http://www.rebeccablood.net/essays/weblog_history.html

so, from that quote (which doesn't actually define the term 'blog' at all btw) I can only presume that a blog IS just another website - but where one keeps a diary of their thoughts. Is that right?

Blog Entries

In a way. The blog has developed over the years and mutated into several different forms, and as such can't really be clearly defined. A mix of interesting links, stories and observations within or without any specific subject matter...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast