I just aquired VMS Platium Pro Pack and is now wondering if I shall install it on my labtop or my older desktop. I have put more RAM on my desktop but read that in fact the CPU is the main thing when running VMS (Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas Movie Studio Messages).
- Labtop Acer Intel Core duo 2.26 gHz / 4 GB ram/ Geforce 9300 GS 256 Ram / Vista Pro
- Desktop HP Pavilion Intel Pentium 4, 3gHz / 3 GB ram / GeForce 6200 / XP home
1. Will the laptop be significant better for editing?
2. The thing is that my laptop does not have firewire and I use DV tapes . I could then capture on my desktop - with an old Premiere or MovieMaker an then move the files to my labtop. Is it a problem to capture in another program and edit in VMS?
3. If I choose to change computer or buy a new one, can I then easily move VMS and the license to my new computer?
Appreciate to hear your advice to the situation
/ Regards Zimmerman