Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Page roll and unwanted black borders in Vegas.

1. Default Page roll and unwanted black borders in Vegas.

Hi, I am using Sony Vegas 9 pro. When I add some still images to a track and apply for example the page roll transition, it takes the black out line area with every page. See I have stills from a book and i doesn't fill the whole prewiew window. So I get theese black borders around every page??? It is the same if I use another effekt, fly away or other. It takes the pic and the black borders on each side comes along. I just want the page only or picture to move. I would really appreciate help on this. Goran

Click On the PAN icon on the right of the clip and then on the image (where the F is) right click and select MATCH ASPECT RATIO (or something like that)and it will crop the image to make it the same size as your project.

3. Default

Thanks a lot I am not on that HD now. But I will go there now and try it out.

4. Default

I did go to PAN/CROP and I tried both match output and match source and still have the same problem.
    The thing is that I have like 50 still images/pages from a book. And I use page roll transition to roll the pages. I still get the black area that is outside my image with me in every page. See I want to see each page full on the screen. I am a newbie to Vegas so. This is really important for me to get it right. It is the same with some other transitions. Really really happy for more help on this.

Any chance you can post a screen shot?

6. Default Example pic

Here is an example. I just want the white pages of the book to turn. Not get the black surrounding area.
    I have attached an example.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

The problem is that the page peel effect takes whatever is visible in the preview window an peels that.

To my mind this is wrong. You apply a transition to a pair of events on a track. But if there's a transparent area within the frame on that track, it doesn't treat it as transpearent, rather it takes whatever shows through to that transparent area from the track below.

coolvid: Cheema's solution should have worked (though it might not be what you want) If you match aspect ratio, your image should be cropped to fill the whole frame and thus achieve the page peel effect you want.

Try it. Do the same trick with a ping GenMed on the track below. The page peel will now include the pink border.

It just seems plain wrong to me. I hope Grazie or someone with a clearer mind than mine can come up with a logical reason why this should be so.

coolvid: Cheema's advice should give you a clean page-peel. Matching output aspect will crop your picture so it fills the whole frame. This won't give you borders and will crop your image, but at least the page peel should work!
    Tim

8. Default

Thanks Tim. If I crop the picture which is a page from a book, I don't get the whole page. The thing is that I want the whole pages! Any more help on this is very appreciated.

Be interesting to see if there's a workaround for this. Vegas is just peeling from the project settings I guess. (16:9 - 4:3 etc.) So hard to see how it can apply a peel to an edge 'within' those settings. If zooming in is the only answer, why not just add more pages to complete the project? After all, if the wording is too small on a TV, it'll take someone with the eye of an Eagle to read it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    So hard to see how it can apply a peel to an edge 'within' those settings.
    Agreed, but whilst this isn't precisely the same, surely a good enough effect would be if it could peel the "transparent" border rather than using the colour/image that comes from the track below (black if none)?
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast