Thread: Capture DVD to vegas movie studio 9 question?

Default Capture DVD to vegas movie studio 9 question?

I"m new to using VMS 9.0 and new to this site also. What I'm wanting to do is make a video using parts of or clips of a DVD movie using my computer and make a video and put a sound trac to sing along with it on a overhead projector.

Also is there and place you can get video tutorial for beginners using VMV 9.0.

Thanks . I hope I put this in the right place.

Blog Entries

Have you used the interactive tutorials (under help) - they're agood place to start.
    The help file is pretty good (but of course you need to know what you're looking up so it may not work for you)
    Manual (downloadable) is packed with info.

There are many Vegas tutorials on YouTube.

To get a DVD movie into Vegas, use File | Import | DVD Camcorder disc
    Tim

Thanks Tim for the reply. I downloaded a Dvd and it put it in my documents and in window media file. I selected all the files in the my docs folder and draged it to the Vegas program and it was in the left window. I tried to drag it down in the timeline and it won't let me . I wanted to to this so I can edit it. What am I dong wrong? Also another question? Can I copy a you tube video and use this, or is the a way to copy just the you tube video? Thanks for any help you can give. I'm very new at this and I don't know anyone where I live to help with this.
    Last edited by bassucus; 10-01-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: More info question

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bassucus View Post
    Thanks Tim for the reply. I downloaded a Dvd and it put it in my documents and in window media file. I selected all the files in the my docs folder and draged it to the Vegas program and it was in the left window. I tried to drag it down in the timeline and it won't let me .
    Now, read my first reply again. Where do I say do any of this?

You should put the DVD in the drive and within Vegas go File | Import | DVD Camcorder Disc

I wanted to to this so I can edit it. What am I dong wrong?
    Not following my instructions.

Also another question? Can I copy a you tube video and use this, or is the a way to copy just the you tube video?
    You'll need to use some other software to capture the YouTube Video (there are many add-ons for browsers available. You may then need to convert it to a format Vegas will recognise.
    Tim

1st.
    Thanks Tim for the reply. I downloaded a Dvd and it put it in my documents and in window media file. I selected all the files in the my docs folder and draged it to the Vegas program and it was in the left window. I tried to drag it down in the timeline and it won't let me .
    Originally Posted by bassucus
    I did do this and put in the folder that I name. I got that far. But what I saying was It won't let me drag it down to edit.

2nd
    I was following your instruction and manage to get into a folder as I said above but Icannot get it to where I can Edit it.

Blog Entries

Sorry, I took your use oif the term "downloaded" to mean something entirely different to "imported" whch is the term used by me (and Sony) for this particular method of creating a usable copy of a DVD from within Vegas. Probably won't get a chance to look again for a couple of days but if you went down the "File | Import route, my guess is that it's copy protection that's preventing you using the DVD contents.
    Tim

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep playing around with this and hopefully I'll get it.... Thanks Again.....