Thread: Video editing problems

Default Video editing problems

Hi
    I purchased a Panasonic HDC TM300, and recorded some video.

I have tried to edit this using Pinnacle sofware, but the playback is jerky and sound out of sync, I tried the supplied software with the camera Hd Writer AE 1.0 and it plays fine - however I find that HD writer v1.0 a bit basic - is there a better video software that plays this HD recording without it being Jerky or am I doing something wrong with Pinnacle.

Thanks

Dave

This problem could be due to a number of different reasons. ie which version of Pinnacle? Is it a newer version that supports HD Editing? I presume Standard definition edits ok on your copy of pinnacle. Do you place your captured video on a different hard disk to the one your program is on. Have you defraged your HD recently? Do you have all your drivers us to date? These are just a few of things that could help.

I know some people have trouble with editing HD. There is a HD editing forum which may be able to help you more than this forum.

Good luck

Default Thank you

Thanks for the reply, i'll try out some of the things you have mentioned, i have had partial success with AVS editor, but it still is a bit jerky.

Default Have Old computer? Then use editor with proxy editing

Quote Originally Posted by trainer View Post
    Hi
    I purchased a Panasonic HDC TM300, and recorded some video.

I have tried to edit this using Pinnacle software, but the playback is jerky and sound out of sync, I tried the supplied software with the camera HD Writer AE 1.0 and it plays fine - however I find that HD writer v1.0 a bit basic - is there a better video software that plays this HD recording without it being Jerky or am I doing something wrong with Pinnacle.

Thanks

Dave
    Hi Dave,
    I suspect you are doing nothing wrong, but rather your computer may not be a dual and or quad core, which BTW may be essential if you are going to work with HD videos...
    there are workarounds, by getting an editor that uses proxy files while editing your videos..

Proxy files are simply copied smaller framed videos of the videos you are working with, and what this does is makes it easier for most computers over two years old be able to handle them, anyway once all the editing is done by you, the editor then applies the editing to your original HD clips, using the frames of your proxy videos as a reference..

I personally use Corels VideoStudio Pro X2 as it has this feature, even though I really dont need the feature any mo..

Good luck and cheers,

Pete..
    May the Universe return a hundred
    fold what you charge unto others