Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: amazing stop motion video-wedding movie

Default amazing stop motion video-wedding movie

an outstanding stop motion animation wedding movie that made by noam gordon and yigal feliks, 763 pics , 10 weeks of working

enjoy
    YouTube - Once Upon a Dream / a stop motion wedding movie

please rate! =]

Blog Entries

What a nice feel-good film. The couple look genuinely happy at the end. I can see loads of work went into that. Shame about the poor quality footage at the end, but I can see why you wanted to include it for authenticity.
    My only real negative comment was I thought the intro sequence (the girl on the train) could have been cut in half - it very nearly lost me (an probably would have done had she not been so easy on the eye)

EDIT:
    I've just deleted 4 repeats of this. Please do not post the same film all over out forum.

Do it again and they'll all be deleted and you will face a ban.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 09-26-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    Tim

I really enjoyed your film so well done. I support Tim with what he says about the beginning sequence being too long, My brain fired of a bail message but I am glad I kept with it. A worthy submission.

That was excellent, you can clearly see the time and effort spent on making it. Why did you include grainy type video at the end when it was the same sequence set in the same time as the other scenes? I think the sequence on the train was the correct length as she had to fall asleep and start dreaming and if it was any shorter it wouldn't have been believable. In the animation there is a noticeable shadow of something on the left of the frame, I know camcorder evf's and lcd screens are mostly crap at showing you what the lens sees so unintented intrusions can occur.

I enjoyed that very much, although I did not see any credits for the audio track (but assume they gave permission for it to be used).

I liked the way that the cuts were made in time with the general phrasing of the music (eg. commonly every 4 beats), but did not think the animation re-inforced the lyrics. (eg. "the gleam in your eyes is so familiar" occurs when the couple are not even looking at each other).

But it was inspiring. I wish I had those skill.

I have seen a number of posts refer to copyright where people (me included) have used a commercial track on their video. What is the general consensus of this these days. If I upload a movie to Youtube then instantly it tells me there is a copyright issue but that I dont need to take any action about it. My video plays normally and an advert for the track appears across the bottom of my film with a link to Youtube where you can buy the track. My view is that this is a really good arrangement.

Whats this forums views on this?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post

Consensus is irrelevant. If you use material for which you do not have permission, you are breaking the law. Black & White. As an ex police person you will understand that.

You will also understand that someone driving over the speed limit is also breaking the law. The likelihood of being taken to task depends on degree and frequency.

People here have widely differing views on the subject of copyright.

My own view is it is wrong and I will never publish something for which I don't own the rights on (even on the internet) nor will I enter it into any festival or competition. However, if it's a family & friends only film I might use an appropriate piece. I might even show it to members of my own video club and that's as far as I will go.

Doesn't make it right thought.

You are probably not aware that if you join the IAC, for a small (about 7) fee on top of your annual subscription you can buy a licence which allows you to use commercial music which you have purchased legally in the UK through retail channels in films. The licence covers home use, entry into amateur competitions and (I think) up to 2 other festivals where people pay an entrance fee per year. USE ON YOUTUBE is currenmtly under dispute and members are advised not to post on YT until this has been settled.

See the IAC site for more details.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    If I upload a movie to Youtube then instantly it tells me there is a copyright issue but that I dont need to take any action about it. My video plays normally and an advert for the track appears across the bottom of my film with a link to Youtube where you can buy the track. My view is that this is a really good arrangement.

totally agree, artist makes a bit of dosh, record company makes a bit of dosh and you (sometimes) get to use the track in your video. surly a win win situation

cool vid BTW
    Last edited by enc; 09-28-2009 at 09:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    totally agree, artist makes a bit of dosh, record company makes a bit of dosh and you (sometimes) get to use the track in your video. surly a win win situation
    Not entirely. The artist may not want to be associated with the message of the video. (eg an atheist artist with a releigious video, a left wing musician and a right wng video)
    Tim

Hi Tim

I didnt know about the licence option and I am going to take a look at that.

Yep as an ex police officer I understand how the law works and to be honest I have had my fill of having to live my life whiter than white. For the past 30yrs I willingly gave up my right to freedom of speech and expression which was fine as I was well rewarded. But thats history and I am a civilian now.

It is a valid point that an artist may not wish to be associated with your film. I would imagine that if they objected to Youtube it would be pulled pretty quickly. I thought I saw on the news recently that Youtube's dispute with artists had been resolved? Its interesting that the email you are sent by Youtube shortly after uploading a video with a commercial track tells you that you do not have to take any action and that your film will continue to be available. If god forbid I was ever arrested on this, that email would be the first thing I would produce in my defence. I keep them all.

I am not trying to gain consensus, I agree that is worthless. My reason for asking the question was to ascertain if this particular site throws you off for using commercial tracks. If it will then I will not share such videos here as I have no wish to be kicked out and lose this valuable resource.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast