Thread: 'Falling' text effect?

Question 'Falling' text effect?

Hi there,

I use Vegas Pro 8.

I'm working at a game trailer, and was hoping you guys could help me with a little question. In between the clips, I want some intersections with a background and some text. I want the text to come onto the background, like it's falling down from behind the camera and smashing into the background.

A simple example of what I want, can be seen in this Hancock trailer at 1:08:

A short, simple guide in how to achieve this effect would be very appreciated! Other tips or guides to cool intersection/text effects would also be cool.

[EDIT] I just have a little bonus question: Is there some way to merge a soundclip that have accidentally been cut up in many pieces?
    Last edited by Zemorion; 09-24-2009 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemorion View Post
    A simple example of what I want, can be seen in this Hancock trailer at 1:08:
    [EDIT] I just have a little bonus question: Is there some way to merge a soundclip that have accidentally been cut up in many pieces?
    - Don't see it at 1:08?

Is there some way to merge a soundclip that have accidentally been cut up in many pieces?
    Yes.

It's the word HANCOCK that has been increased in size many times at the start and then reduced in size so it fits onscreen at the end of the sequence. It is quite easily done using keyframing where you set the text size at say 500% or whatever it takes to move it off screen, then in the last keyframe you set it to 100% so all the letters appear onscreen. When you playback the animation you will see nothing onscreen at the start and as the animation proceeds, the text gets smaller and smaller until it fits on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    It's the word HANCOCK that has been increased in size many times at the start and then reduced in size so it fits onscreen at the end of the sequence. It is quite easily done using keyframing where you set the text size at say 500% or whatever it takes to move it off screen, then in the last keyframe you set it to 100% so all the letters appear onscreen. When you playback the animation you will see nothing onscreen at the start and as the animation proceeds, the text gets smaller and smaller until it fits on the screen.
    Great, thanks alot! Could you also tell me how to re-combine video/sound clips that have been cut?

I know how to merge clips, but I need the clip to be combined like it was never cut.
    Last edited by Zemorion; 09-24-2009 at 05:29 PM.

, but I need the clip to be combined like it was never cut.
    If ALL the SPLITS are from the same Audio then just drag out the IN and/or OUT and the splits will be removed by virtue of you re-instating the Event's original length. Or Right Click and OPEN in Trimmer and then Drag from there.

Done!