Thread: Best Export Settings For Youtube

Default Best Export Settings For Youtube

Hi Guys,

New to the forum and really need some help, here is what I am trying to do. I am trying to make video's for my new web site with my Panasonic HSC-SD9 and host them on Youtube in HD.

I have had tons of problems.

I have took the video's on the Panasonic's HX recording mode which I'm sure its 9 MBPS. I then opened adobe Premiere CS4 to edit the video's.

Below are the settings I had Premiere at when I edited my video's:

General
    Editing mode: AVCHD 1080p square pixel
    Timebase: 25.00fps

Video Settings
    Frame size: 1920h 1080v (1.0000)
    Frame rate: 25.00 frames/second
    Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)
    Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)

Audio Settings
    Sample rate: 48000 samples/second

Default Sequence
    Total video tracks: 3
    Master track type: Stereo
    Mono tracks: 0
    Stereo tracks: 3
    5.1 tracks: 0
    Submix mono tracks: 0
    Submix stereo tracks: 0
    Submix 5.1 tracks: 0

The only problem I had at this point was the video was very jerky, but the main problem I am having is I don't have a clue what would be the best format to export it in so I can upload it to Youtube HD. There are so many different formats on Adobe Premiere CS4 that I don't know where to start.

If any of you guys can help out with what would be the best format to export in that would be a big help or even if you can let me know if I have went wrong anywhere else.

Thanks,
    Kerri

Default You-Tube doubles FULL HD AVCHD videos Play Time..

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrib4 View Post
    Hi Guys,

New to the forum and really need some help, here is what I am trying to do. I am trying to make video's for my new web site with my Panasonic HSC-SD9 and host them on You-tube in HD.

I have had tons of problems.

I have took the video's on the Panasonic's HX recording mode which I'm sure its 9 MBPS. I then opened adobe Premiere CS4 to edit the video's.

Below are the settings I had Premiere at when I edited my video's:

General
    Editing mode: AVCHD 1080p square pixel
    Timebase: 25.00fps

Video Settings
    Frame size: 1920h 1080v (1.0000)
    Frame rate: 25.00 frames/second
    Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)
    Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)

Audio Settings
    Sample rate: 48000 samples/second

Default Sequence
    Total video tracks: 3
    Master track type: Stereo
    Mono tracks: 0
    Stereo tracks: 3
    5.1 tracks: 0
    Submix mono tracks: 0
    Submix stereo tracks: 0
    Submix 5.1 tracks: 0

The only problem I had at this point was the video was very jerky, but the main problem I am having is I don't have a clue what would be the best format to export it in so I can upload it to You-tube HD. There are so many different formats on Adobe Premiere CS4 that I don't know where to start.

If any of you guys can help out with what would be the best format to export in that would be a big help or even if you can let me know if I have went wrong anywhere else.

Thanks,
    Kerri
    Hi Kerri,

I just uploaded another full HD Video to You-Tube converted to a HD Wmv with a frame size of 1280X720, the example is below, mind you my current Camcorder isn't a superior HD Pal Camcorder but rather lowly NTSC and whats more it has no anti-shake feature, so my videos are really shaky..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwEl9l7R7eg"]YouTube - The Royal Melbourne Show[/ame]

I also have previously uploaded ".MP4" videos also at 1280X720 and they seem to work just as well, but for me the ".MP4" videos take a little longer before You-Tube provides access to them for other users..

So if Adobe has the option to convert and or create videos as Windows media videos ".Wmv" or if one wishes H.264 ".MP4" then those would be my preferences for You-Tube, just keep in mind the videos need to be 1280X720 for the least aggravations..

I have tried many formats but I find the two above mentioned formats, takes the least effort and time to upload them..

For example my maximum upload speed is a lowly 256K~512K - Which means a video that is exactly 10 minutes in length, needs around 8~9 hours to upload, and once the video is uploaded, it only takes around 5~15 minutes before the video can be accessed by the rest of world..

Good luck and cheers.

Pete..
    Last edited by laidback; 09-24-2009 at 10:05 AM. Reason: correcting frame size You-tube accepts
    May the Universe return a hundred
    fold what you charge unto others

Youtube has listed settings on its site along the lines of 1280 x 720 for 16:9 HD uploads; mpeg2, mpeg4 or h264, there is no upper limit on the data rate , but the higher the data rate the better looking your video will be. Audio is either mp3 or aac at 44.100 mhz (cd quality) and 2 channel stereo. And that's it.

Default Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Youtube has listed settings on its site along the lines of 1280 x 720 for 16:9 HD uploads; mpeg2, mpeg4 or h264, there is no upper limit on the data rate , but the higher the data rate the better looking your video will be. Audio is either mp3 or aac at 44.100 mhz (cd quality) and 2 channel stereo. And that's it.
    Eh~He Agreed,

And thanks to you Nikosony, I was made aware of the fact I stated the wrong frame size of 1080 X 720 instead of the correct size which as you so politely pointed out is indeed 1280 X 720..

To which I have gone back, and corrected my previous post - to what it should be, Err~ if any one is still reading 1080 X 720 in my previous post, they may need to refresh there Internet application..

Having said all that, let me apologise for my error, and further more promise compensation to any one who uploaded a video with the incorrect frame size, Just ensure you have NOT removed the offending video from You-Tube until I have confirmed your claim..

Cheers,

Pete..

Just thought i'd point this out also

Quote Originally Posted by laidback View Post
    So if Adobe has the option to convert and or create videos as Windows media videos ".Wmv" or if one wishes H.264 ".MP4" then those would be my preferences for You-Tube, just keep in mind the videos need to be 1080X720 for the least aggravations..

Red face For Pete's sake, get it right the first time Pete..

Quote Originally Posted by smifis View Post
    Just thought I'd point this out also
    What The Far! Err~ I am sure I changed it all?

Eh!???

Its all fixed now.. Err~I hope?

Cheers, oh and thanks!

Pete..