Thread: Vegas Pro 8 Video Clip darkens?? please helP!!

Default Vegas Pro 8 Video Clip darkens?? please helP!!

I have vegas pro8. I have done a few projects and love the program. But on my current project i just noticed that my video clip when put in the timeline automatically darkens. It is fine in the trimmer before adding it. I can use the output fx to brighten my whole 45minute video or add the brightness effect to each clip but i know i shouldnt have to. Is there some setting or something i may have accidentally messed up..please someone let me know asap..thanks alot!!

Quote Originally Posted by nakidman View Post
    I can use the output fx to brighten my whole 45minute video or add the brightness effect to each clip but i know i shouldnt have to.
    STOP! As it is correct in Trimmer there has to be something else doing this.

Initial question, are you ONLY using one track? In which case you may have reduced the "Level" Slider in the Track Header. Try bringing that back up. Report back here.

Default Help with vegas..REPLY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    STOP! As it is correct in Trimmer there has to be something else doing this.

Initial question, are you ONLY using one track? In which case you may have reduced the "Level" Slider in the Track Header. Try bringing that back up. Report back here.
    I am using multiple video and audio tracks. It seems the clip automatically darkens when i grag it to any of the tracks on the timeline. I also have movie studio platinum9 and it doesnt do it.. I like vegas pro better because you arent limited to video and audio tracks. Please if you could help that would be great. Maybe a setting or something? I already put together a project with vegas pro and it didnt do it before....

Have you dropped a video filter in the preview window?