Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: interlacing problems with capture

Default interlacing problems with capture

When I upload footage it looks okay and no frames are dropped but when I start to use it in Adobe Prem Pro 1.5 it becomes jaggered around the edges (interlacing problems) I have edited using Prem on different PCs in the past but cant understand why this is happening. I have a PAL camera(sony DCR-PC5E) and have the settings in Premier on the same PAL settings. A solution to this problem would make me sleep properly once again!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by millsy
    Explain yourself young man.

Default Re: interlacing problems with capture

Quote Originally Posted by ste
    When I upload footage it looks okay and no frames are dropped but when I start to use it in Adobe Prem Pro 1.5 it becomes jaggered around the edges (interlacing problems) I have edited using Prem on different PCs in the past but cant understand why this is happening. I have a PAL camera(sony DCR-PC5E) and have the settings in Premier on the same PAL settings. A solution to this problem would make me sleep properly once again!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hmm..not quite sure what you consider the problem to be here. You are viewing interlaced footage on a non-interlaced monitor. This will show as jagged edges, particularly where there is a lot of movement. However, when you export this to DVD and play it back on a TV set it will not be noticeable. If you intend to export it to a PC file format of some description then you will need to deinterlace the captured footage. I am not a Premiere user and so can't help you with the settings but am sure someone who can will pop along.
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Quote Originally Posted by millsy
    Explain yourself young man.
    It's the 328th time we've had this problem posted from someone who hasn't done a search first, to find the answer. Just couldn't be arsed to answer it again this morning so thought I'd just be cheeky instead

At least it got a rise out of someone.

Ah, but then he would have remained one of the other thousands of guest visitors who never sign up and post.

Which reminds me. Welcome ste
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Thanks fellahs! I was using this PC with same monitor, Adobe Prem and camera and was okay for a month or two as I edited three pieces of work (two twenty minute films and a thirty minute visuals piece for a night club. I have a group of freinds/colleuges who know a bit about editing but mostly from a filmmaking area but we cant figure out what is wrong with my set up here. We do know the basics about interlacing and PC editng but this is a mystery we cant get to the bottom of. The video files previously and files were fine on the monitor but for some reason it has started to have interlacing problems. I have had this problem for 2 months now and lost quite a bit of money on work as i had to pay some body else to edit for me. ANy help would be greatly appreciated as I have spent quite a bit of time trying to find a solution to this.

Ste

Blog Entries

It would be helpful if you posted a screen shot of the preview monitor.

I pressume your footage is captured as DV AVI? Is it played at normal speed in AP? What happens when you render? Have you tried the footage on another PC? Have you tried capturing in another application? What does the raw footage look like in Media Player? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling AP? How much RAM do you have installed? How much free HDD space do you have and what is the speed of the discs?

Thanks fellahs! I was using this PC with same monitor, Adobe Prem and camera and was okay for a month or two as I edited three pieces of work (two twenty minute films and a thirty minute visuals piece for a night club. I have a group of freinds/colleuges who know a bit about editing but mostly from a filmmaking area but we cant figure out what is wrong with my set up here. We do know the basics about interlacing and PC editng but this is a mystery we cant get to the bottom of. The video files previously and files were fine on the monitor but for some reason it has started to have interlacing problems. I have had this problem for 2 months now and lost quite a bit of money on work as i had to pay some body else to edit for me.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated as I have spent quite a bit of time trying to find a solution to this.

Ste

my footage is captured as DV and played at normal speed in Premier. Once i realised there was this problem then I tried to capture with windows movie maker and the footage was even more extreme in that as you could see sever combing in the monitor window on that. I have rendered and still the same. I ahve tried reinstalling Prem and have also tried capturing with Sony Vegas but still the same problem. I have: AMD Athlon 3.2 processor, I gig of RAM, and 150 gigs of free hard drive space and not sure of the speed of the drive as yet.

Thanks
    Steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast