Thread: Short competition video.. criticism welcome!!

Exclamation Short competition video.. criticism welcome!!

Hello! My name is Anton Drebot. Introduce my work. I've made it for "Play Fifa for Playstation" competition.
    criticism welcome!!
    (sorry for bad english)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg-6PRm_bhQ"]video[/ame]

Blog Entries

Very good indeed. Nice idea. Music and choice of shots were bang on in my book.
    Two suggestions:

Whilst the hand held camera work with wobbly shots (whether intentional or not) is fine for the fast paced first part, the shot of the mother blowing the whistle and the boy immediately following do not want to be wobbly. They should be shot from a tripod.

When the background changes from the footabll stadium to the room this is a bit sudden. It could do with some sort of transition or effect - either of the background only or backgrouns and boy.
    I envisage some sort of wave effect on the background as it dissolves from one scene to the other (very quick though - maybe half a second max). Or even a fade through white/flash type transition.
    Tim

That was well done, a few of the shots could have been better framed and the handheld camera work just about works for me. I liked the shot where the room changes to the game, the talent briefly looks like a game character or is that just me? The only thing missing was him falling over a lot of times and complaining to the ref.

Really enjoyed that! Nice pace in the editing! Makes me want to buy FIFA!

thanks a lot for such a nice marks!
    Whilst the hand held camera work with wobbly shots (whether intentional or not) is fine for the fast paced first part, the shot of the mother blowing the whistle and the boy immediately following do not want to be wobbly. They should be shot from a tripod.
    I'll take into account and try to work with camera better =)

The only thing missing was him falling over a lot of times and complaining to the ref
    yes, my version is really short and it would be better to make some additional shots with complaining boy)

Makes me want to buy FIFA!
    ..and that is exactly right result I wanted to reach!))

I agree with the comments already made. With those tweaks applied, if I saw that on tv I would have assumed Sony had commissioned the work.

The best shot for me was where the boy became the game and a really nice touch showing him sleeping with the game. How many of us can remember being so hooked up with something that we went to bed dreaming about it.

Bang on buddy