Thread: Rollerblading horror-comedy short "SICKNESS" won video art award

1. Default Rollerblading horror-comedy short "SICKNESS" won video art award

[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/975892]SYEAH4 : ARROSTIA (SICKNESS) -Main Feature on Vimeo[/ame]

Hello everyone, a rollerblading DVD I made last year won the Odiseus Award (Greek stuff) for Best Video Art, so i thought i should show it to you! I would be most grateful if you shared your thoughts about it with me!

this took me about 1.5 years almost fulltime involving preproduction/touring/filming/editing/vfx and was distributed for free through DVDs/net. It got good reviews from the inline skating community as an art piece. This isnt really video art in my opinion, i would categorize it under sports documentary, well i'll leave you to judge, please tell me what you think!

Nicholas Kouros

Well it didnt do anything for me mate and so I bailed fairly quickly. Chief reasons for pulling the rip chord

Unfunny humour
    Unfunny gratuitous arse shot
    Long blank pauses that made me check my electricity supply was still on.

Sorry, maybe the rest was really good.

3. Default

Hey thanks for replying! even though only for telling me that you didnt even bother to see it..anyways most people really liked what you called gratuitous, but i can understand that it can make some people feel uneasy..oh and there arent any blank pauses whatsoever in the vid,its all pretty fast paced actually, so maybe something did went wrong there, anyways thanks again!
    Last edited by SYEAHSKATE; 09-27-2009 at 02:40 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYEAHSKATE View Post
    anyways most people really liked what you called gratuitous,
    You can't possibly say that. The best you can say is most people who commented liked it. The lack of comment on this forum suggests otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by SYEAHSKATE View Post
    oh and there arent any blank pauses whatsoever in the vid
    Try 0.26 for 5 seconds of nothing.
    FWIW I can see you've put a lot of effort into this, but it's really not my scene and I can't watch it for long enough to be constructive.
    Tim

5. Default

i ofcourse agree with you about the commenting bit, i am not english and possibly lost in translation in what i said,and i am ofcourse thankful to anyone that takes the time to write a comment whatever its content, constructive or not.

My comments are not meant as a personal attack on you. Believe it or not I want to see you improve and be successful. I wish you luck, post more and I will certainly tell you how I think they could be made better. Knowing that I bailed and why is useful information.

7. Default

I think you should maybe give it another try, why not scroll through to a later chapter?