Thread: MOST MUST HAVE PC APP (for Mac/PC Users)

Default MOST MUST HAVE PC APP (for Mac/PC Users)

For the past god knows, I've been editing video on the MAC, but since I started working full time for myself, and then took on a unit, having 1 MAC and 2 PC's (plus a PC laptop) were starting to make it hard for me to justify doing all the vid editing on the MAC. So, I bought a few PC progs that reviews stated were as near to my MAC apps as possible and got to work. Only problem. All my video footage is on the MAC. That meant I'd have to either blank a hard drive, format it for the PC then copy the files from one drive to another over the network.

EEK I think not, not when we're talking 6 x 160Gb hard drives full of footage from various projects.

However, I was prepared to do that, until I thought to myself, IS THERE....an application that lets you use a MAC formatted drive on the PC?

The answer, I was well chuffed to find out, was yes. Seriously, I'm advertising (and I don't know if it's allowed, but I dare say Marc will kick my butt if it's not), but I downloaded this bit of software from http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive6/ installed it, bunged in one of my MAC formatted Firewire/USB2 drives and et voila.... there it was on the PC.

THIS IS A MUST HAVE FOR ANYONE WHO WORKS ON BOTH PLATFORMS.

um....... can I rave about it any more?

Blog Entries

um....... can I rave about it any more?
    I dares ya

Them's fighting words if ever I heard them (although in saying that, some places I've known just saying Good Morning is a challenge for a fight).

Well, seriously I could. It's the best $49 I've spent (I'll find out what it is in when I get my credit card bill ).

I had 6 x 160Gb drives and I was slooooooooowly clearing all the work off them so that I could start utilising them on the PC, and now I don't have to. I can just plug em direct into either PC or MAC and away I go.

Although I have to say, my next challenge is to try plugging one into the firewire of the mac and the USB2 of the PC and see if it'll see it on both computers. I think I'll use the freshly emptied one first, just in case it goes screwy, but if it does work then that'll improve things no end.

I do love things that you can just plug in and forget and this is one of them. It's not just handy for hard drives tho, you can also use CD's, ZIP Disks, the works, anything you can put in a MAC, you can now see on a PC, so no more of putting a disk in to the PC only to discover it's a MAC only disk and I can't use it (like some of my MAC Stock photo libraries and Clip Art libraries).

okay, erm, rave over.

hahaha im sort of having the same problem but transferring stuff from windows to MAC..... so i just edit segments in premiere and segments in final cut. yayness? kind of a pain in the rectum, but oh well. hey, i hear there are these 1 tb external hard drives for 500 dollars?

yeah, that would be some space. only a little bit.
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"