Thread: Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 will not RENDER!!

Default Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 will not RENDER!!

Hi Everyone!! Major dilema...MAJOR deadline...BEFORE CHRISTMAS.
    I have a finished piece that I've edited, but when I go to ADOBE MEDIA ENCODER, it won't "render" the project. I click on FILE/EXPORT/ADOBE MEDIA ENCODER, where I end up at TRANSCODE SETTINGS. I click on MPEG2-DVD and I choose NTSC DV 4X3 HIGH QUALITY 7MB CBR 1 PASS. I have no idea why I chose that one...there were several to choose from. After clicking OK to all of that, it takes me to SAVE FILE where I name it and it only allows me to save it to one type of file:
    MPEG2-DVD(*.m2v). At this point, it starts to RENDER. At about 30% into it, I get an error message. ADOBE PREMIERE PRO FAILED TO RETURN A FRAME. CANCELLING THE OPERATION.

.....huh?? How do I figure out what frame or frames it doesn't like? Goin' crazy here!!

From my limited experience with Premiere Pro, seeing as this is only my second week since I bought and installed it, I've noticed when exporting using Adobe Media Encoder, that it gives you a frame count. Needless to say this is divisible by your fps, if you're on PAL 25fps, you'd have to sit and watch your encoder at the point where it's about to fail and take note of the number of frames it's up to. then divide that by 25 and this will give you the number of seconds into the movie where it is failing. Or divide by 60 if you need to know the minutes as well.

Unfortunately I haven't enough experience with Premiere Pro yet to give you any more help at the mo, but if you're still stuck, and I learn something new, I'll let you know.

Obv question.... you do have enough disk space don't you

Yes...LOTS 'O space. 66.7GB used, 162GB available.

Quote Originally Posted by photoguy
    Yes...LOTS 'O space. 66.7GB used, 162GB available.
    but did you defrag it properly before starting?

Blog Entries

I think this is the known MPEG encoding bug re: SP2. I'll check the adobe site for a workaround.

Blog Entries

Hi Millsy...
    I tried to defrag, and my 'sophisticated' machine decided that there was a need to shut it down (DEP) so it's a bit of a mess. As soon as I figure out how to get around that, I 'll defrag. Thanks...

GREAT NEWS!! (yeah, like you're all sitting at your computers waiting to hear that I met my deadline!!! *G*) Out of frustration, I clicked on a different format. Instead of exporting to ADOBE MEDIA ENCODER, or EXPORT TO DVD, I clicked on MOVIE, and it rendered to an .avi with no problem. THEN... (are ya sitting down??) I simply went to my AVI to MPEG converter program, and viola!! I then ended up with a FINALIZED MPEG that I could then take to ROXIO DVD BUILDER and finish the actual BURN. *WHEW!! Almost out of breath*
    Now, my question is...did I lose any significant quality by taking all those steps? The finished product had several "hiccups" in it, and sometimes the audio was out of sync. Fortunately, the finished piece was made up of snippets from various 4th of July pool parties, so there wasn't much dialogue to get screwed up. I felt that much of the 'fallout' problem might have been because the original (VHS shot on 4-hour or longer mode) was a bit weak.
    Thanks for the input from all of you. This is a VERY helpful site. Can't wait to learn more and more about ADOBE in particular.

Blog Entries

These are the official workarounds from adobe:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330380.html