Thread: Help!!!

Default Problem with AVCHD files on DVD standart disc

I have SONY HDR-SR10. I have Video files village in AVCHD format and I want to watch it on a regular TV. Before that, I watched my videos FROM the camera using the pretty AV cabel when the real format of the video was AVCHD and it worked well. Now, I burned on a standart DVD dics my AVCHD files and now I'm cureous, how can I watch this DVD on my TV, is there any way to do that ,because to port AVCHD files to DVD VIDEO files takes hours! And also I want to know what is the the difference, when I want to burn my files on a disc, between AVCHD and DVD VIDEO and a disc with data? What does it give me? Pleas answer!!!
    Last edited by The Green Monkey; 09-16-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Problem

Default Short Term BluRay Players Vs Long Term AVCHD.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Monkey View Post
    I have SONY HDR-SR10. I have Video files village in AVCHD format and I want to watch it on a regular TV. Before that, I watched my videos FROM the camera using the pretty AV cable when the real format of the video was AVCHD and it worked well. Now, I burned on a standard DVD disc my AVCHD files and now I'm curious, how can I watch this DVD on my TV, is there any way to do that ,because to port AVCHD files to DVD VIDEO files takes hours! And also I want to know what is the the difference, when I want to burn my files on a disc, between AVCHD and DVD VIDEO and a disc with data? What does it give me? Pleas answer!!!
    TRY "Corels VideoStudio Pro X2" as it can create both Standard DVDs and AVCHD DVDs quite quickly, and its easy to use..

Of course if your computer is not a dual or quad core, then be prepared for long rendering times, no matter what NLE and or Video Editor you end up with..

Also - If you create AVCHD DVDs because they don't take as long to create using VideoStudio X2, make sure your DVD player can play these AVCHD DVDs, if not! - Then your computer will be your only available player - of course there is another longer term solution that will even out last BluRay Players - and that is,

One can always purchase a stand alone HD multimedia player, such

Dvico Releases High Definition Multimedia Player - Smarthouse

which has no moving parts to it, other than the hard drive anyway these units hook up to your TV and some come with a dual Digital tuner so one can watch and record two TV Channels, the bonus is with a really good HD multimedia player with Wifi, it can browse the Internet, and will be able to hold and play all your Mp3's, Photos and any other videos and or multimedia, including purchased and converted BluRay videos..

Sorry Sony - But all the mechanical BluRay players days are almost over!
    And once Hard drives become fully solid sate, gone are all moving parts!

BTW Green Monkey - Wise choice with the Sony Camcorder, as I am saving up for the Sony HDR CX12E <slobber~Drool> oh! and one of those multimedia players such as the one depicted in the provided link..

Cheers,

Pete...
    May the Universe return a hundred
    fold what you charge unto others

Default To Play AVCHD Videos all one needs is a Multimedia player.

Quote Originally Posted by layman1980 View Post
    I've lost count of how many times I've heard people complaining that the software hasn't caught up with the hardware. Thatís the case we stand with AVCHD camcorder. And seems the only thing we can easily do with the AVCHD video is to play it on an HDTV, direct from the camcorder. Isnít there any easy way to playback and edit the AVCHD (m2ts, mts, ts, trp).

If you have not been able to take advantage of the AVCHD file format or still got no luck to get it out into the world to playback and edit. AVCHD Converter for Mac should be the matured software youíve always been looking for. The software includes all the necessary codecs needed to trans-code the AVCHD to .mov, mpeg-2, mpeg-4, DV, avi, mpg, wmv, flv, asf, 3gp and mp3, etc so that they can be workable with Quick-time, iMovie, Final Cut Express/Pro on Mac.

AVCHD Converter for Mac is able to run both on Intel Processor and PowerPC, and the smart built-in player can easily playback AVCHD files on Mac with high visual quality. Mac AVCHD converter has simple yet powerful video editing capacity that allows you to trim, crop, add effect and merge files into one. You can also adjust aspect ration to wide-screen 4:3 or16:9, and tweak resolution, bit rate, frame rate, depending on your project.
    Thanks for your input Layman,

But with any PC, or for that matter - most Multimedia Players, an "AVCHD video" can be played WITHOUT recoding it {in fact whatever the video} it can be played without recoding it - just as long its in a digital format - and as they are kept in their purest RAW format, they lose nothing on playback, and whats more all these digital videos, can simply be copied and or even played straight from the memory cards, simply by removing the card from the camcorder and plugging it directly into a PC or Multimedia player with a card reader, or if no card reader is available on the PC, an after market card reader..

But the best way is by plugging the card straight into a multimedia player that one has connected to ones Monitor and or GENERIC TV, and if ones camcorders memory card cant be removed from the Camcorder, the camcorder should then have a bus and supplied cable which allows the transfer of the videos, to the Multimedia player and or PC's that are able to play them, and going by your post, even an Apple computer with the above mentioned installations, should be able to recode, and then play the videos in a satisfactory manner..

Having said all that, may I point out I found that VideoStudio ProX2 edits most digital videos, without re-coding the whole video clips "via the Smart Rendering option", so for the most - my edited videos have been kept mostly in their raw formats, even after some editing, so for me its a win win situation, as editing and rendering them takes very little time..

Cheers,

Pete..
    May the Universe return a hundred
    fold what you charge unto others