Thread: Extreme Slow Motion

Default Extreme Slow Motion

Hi,

So I'm working on a little project of mine, I can get around just fine in Vegas usually but this is something I'm stuck with because I've basically never needed to do it before.

So I have this 1000 fps video clip and want it to play in extreme slow motion, but just pulling at the end of the clip with ctrl pressed doesn't work... or it does work, but vegas stops me when the clip is slowed down enough to be about 3 times as long on the time line. Then it won't go any further. So it's slowed down, but not nearly as much as I would like it to be. Is there a simple way to do this?

I'm not quite sure how to continue with this. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Oh and I am using Vegas Pro 8.0b if anyone wonders.
    Last edited by iQue; 09-14-2009 at 04:53 PM.

A few pointers...

If you have the pro, then download De-shaker add on (see my site below), not sure why but it slows slow stuff down even more.

Render the slowed clip to a new avi and then put on the time line and do the same again.

In Premiere Pro, you can "interpret" the clip which is where you can specify certain parameters of the clip such as frame rate and pixel aspect.

I shall google.

5. Default

So overcranked a bit did we??
    In Pro you can slow the video down 12x by using a combination of ctrl drag end of clip and inserting a velocity envelope.
    To go more than that render your scene losslessly, place it on the time line agaiin and do the same thing.

I guess rerendering and slowing down again could work. Thanks for the help everyone.

Blog Entries

I can't help thinking we're missing something here.

If the film was shot at 1000fps what we really need is something that's capable of capturing this such that each frame shot becomes a frame on the timeline. This will obviously slow down the film but that's what we're after. right?

It seems ludicrous to me that we'd capture it at 25fps which would mean dropping 975frames out of each 1000, and then slowing it down by trying to recreate (some of) those missing frames in software!

The problem as I see it is getting each of those 1000 frames per second captured. If it's tape, then I guess no go as the transfer rate would be far too high for firewire to handle. If it's solid state - who knows?
    Tim

Sounds extreme! You'll find that capturing the clip with the cam playing in slo-mo will give you a nicer head start.