Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help - No sound in Pinnacle Studio 12

Default Help - No sound in Pinnacle Studio 12

I have Pinnacle Studio 12 and suddenly there is no sound (for a few days now).

I have sound on every other program on my pc so it's nothing to do with my speakers or sound card. I must have done something in Pinnacle.

Even when I choose to listen to a sound effect there's nothing.

Any ideas? Thank you.

EDIT: When I click Preview on a piece of background music, that works fine. Also, when I make the movie, any sound I have works fine in the final piece. It's just adding songs or using music in videos I add to pinnacle that don't work when I preview the video :(
    Last edited by IRyzoI; 09-12-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Have you accidentally checked the mute button on the timeline?

I don't think so. The volume slider under the video preview up the top-right is at full and un-muted.

I don't think anything is muted in the Audio Toolbox either.

I found the solution. I had the ASIO4ALL audio driver on my pc which I use when I record in Cubase. Pinnacle was using this as it's audio driver. I uninstalled it and now it's all working again

Thank you for your replies

Quote Originally Posted by IRyzoI View Post
    I found the solution. I had the ASIO4ALL audio driver on my pc which I use when I record in Cubase. Pinnacle was using this as it's audio driver. I uninstalled it and now it's all working again
    Hello. How did you uninstaled it?
    I have same problem with Studio 12 in Win Vista. Upgraded to Studio 14 HD and problem mantains. Will i need this driver to work with Cubase 5 / Motu 828mk3 interface?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mondrian View Post
    Hello. How did you uninstaled it?
    I have same problem with Studio 12 in Win Vista. Upgraded to Studio 14 HD and problem mantains. Will i need this driver to work with Cubase 5 / Motu 828mk3 interface?
    Thanks!
    Im having the same thing happening to my studio. Any ideas?

I had this problem, did a Google. You could Check that the sound is not muted on the speaker icon down by the clock. Win Vista. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by CaptionWorld View Post
    I had this problem, did a Google. You could Check that the sound is not muted on the speaker icon down by the clock. Win Vista. Hope this helps
    Thanks! It's fixed. I had a bad capture card.
    Posted via Mobile Device

i have the same problem, but the sound loss is complete - absoloutly nothing at all with pinnacle 12. I have pinnacle 11 on the same machine, no problems perfect sound - ahh, but wont touch videos done with 12.
    This is beginning to get me down a bit as ive had plenty of fun with the program over the last year or so, but lately more and more problems.
    Perhaps not connected but my cd/dvd writers have packed up too - drivers etc al up to date, just wont write.
    Any pointers/ideas?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bertie View Post
    i have the same problem, but the sound loss is complete - absoloutly nothing at all with pinnacle 12. I have pinnacle 11 on the same machine, no problems perfect sound - ahh, but wont touch videos done with 12.
    This is beginning to get me down a bit as ive had plenty of fun with the program over the last year or so, but lately more and more problems.
    Perhaps not connected but my cd/dvd writers have packed up too - drivers etc al up to date, just wont write.
    Any pointers/ideas?
    Thanks.
    hey dude, I found out it wasn't my software, but my hardware. My speakers were craping out on my. I'm sorry if I couldnt help. Hope you find what you looking for!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast