Thread: Hi I have just bought a Panasonic NVGS17 will it work on my PC via Firewire

Default Hi I have just bought a Panasonic NVGS17 will it work on my PC via Firewire

Hi
    I have just bought a Panasonic NV-GS17Mini DV, DV Camcorder and want to connect it up to his PC. I have a firewire cable (6 to 4 pins) and a IEEE 1394 firewire card already on my PC. Can you tell me if I am likely to have a problem when I connect it up ? Will I need to download anything else to go with the IEEE 1394 firewire card ? Is it usaully as simple as just pluging the firewire cable into the computer ( the correct socket of course!) Or will I need anything else ? I have video editing programs installed - am I all set to go when the camera arrives ? Is it simple with panasonic GS17Mini DV, DV Camcorder if you have firewire and the IEEE 1394 card already on my computer ?

I have read about problems with Panasonic NV-GS17 but I think that is mainly due to the USB not having drivers for Vista. I read the USB connection works fine with XP and you don't need to download any new devices.

Anyway I want to know about firewire and the Panasonic NV-GS17 and connecting it up to my PC.

Is it that simple - just plug the correct firewire cable in the correct socket and it will detect the camera hence I won't have to do or need anything else ?

Please please help me.

Many thanks

Miles

Since I have correct firewire card and correct firewire cable is it likely I will have a problem when I connect up ? Or in most cases it works fine first time ?

Sorry to repeat myself. Would be grateful for any help...

Just saw this firewire "driver" download........ Even though I have the correct firewire cable and card will I have to download drivers like the one below (please see link!) or is the unlikely with the Panasonic NVGS17 ? I thought the card and the cable was enough ? Very much so if you have the firewire card already on my PC!

Windows Driver Help

Default hi

Hiya it's me again - sorry....
    I was wondering since my Panasonic NV-GS15 Mini DV Digital camcorder does not come with a software CD will I have to download "firewire" drivers for it even though I have the IEEE 1394 card on my PC? Won't the drivers already be there on XP or will I have to download one like this ?

http://www.windowsdriverhelp.com/landing/driver/wdh/driver_deigc.php?key=Firewire+Driver