Thread: Dubbing over a youtube video

Default Dubbing over a youtube video

Hi me and a friend of mine are starting a new youtube channel and our first video is going to be a trailer dubbed over with my voice in place of one of the characters.

I know how to get the video of youtube but was wondering how I go about removing one characters voice from the audio whilst keeping the background music the same.

For example say tom and sue are in the video with background music, i want to remove toms voice parts whilst keeping sue and the music going and put my voice in instead of tom.

How would I go about this? Is there a certain program I need and are there any tutorials on how to do it you could send to me?

Well not getting into the morality issues, Im sure others will talk about it not being your video and you should make you own, I'll answer you other question tho...

There is no way to do that, that I know of.. The thing is the audio is compressed to one file.. If you had one person on the left channel, one on the right, and the music in the center all you would need to do is delete the track you don't want. In this case you cant do that..
    Last edited by Chapman Photography; 09-09-2009 at 05:23 AM.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    Well not getting into the morality issues, Im sure others will talk about it not being your video and you should make you own, I'll answer you other question tho...

There is no way to do that, that I know of.. The thing is the audio is compressed to one file.. If you had one person on the left channel, one on the right, and the music in the center all you would need to do is delete the track you don't want. In this case you cant do that..
    Thank you for your help I didn't think Iwould ever get an answer to this.

And im nt stealing the video, I should have mentioned, we're dubbing over it in a comical way, putting a new spin on an old video, a comical one

What would you say would be the best way foraward for me then to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by soundant View Post
    Quite complex this...

There is no way to Ďremoveí dialogue from a mix without reconstructing the elements.

Assuming itís only two voices that donít overlap AND you can get a copy of the music AND EQ the music to sound the same as the original AND itís at the same sample rate ie 44.1KHz or 48KHz you could:

Lay the original mix into a program that has sample level editing (eg Protools) on one stereo track (1).
    Lay the copy of the music onto another stereo track (2).
    A/B compare the two tracks and adjust the second track until the music sounds the same in tone and level.
    Slip the clean music track (2) until it syncs with the mixed track music perfectly.
    Chop out the dialogue you donít want from the first track (you will loose the music also and be left with holes where the dialogue was).
    Cut and paste music from the clean track (2) to fill the holes that are in the mixed track (1).
    Add fast fades at each edit point.
    Sit back and enjoy your efforts.

Hope it was worth it

Thanks so much for the help, I was hping it wasn't going to have to come to this though, I thought there may be an easier way but I guess not

What would be the best program, I have Adobe Premiere but I'm not sure that would be best