Thread: Fade to black & white

Default Fade to black & white

How do I do a fade to black and white effect? (And fade out of black and white naturally later on)

I've never used Premiere before so I really need a step by step on where to click, thanks a lot.

Default black and white

select the clip you want to fade in or out in the timeline, if the effects tab isnt displayed, go to window(top)scroll down to effects. click the effects tab. itlll be next to ur project bin. once in effects twirl down video transitions, twirl down dissolve. with the selection tool click and drag your transition to either the begging or end of the clip on the timeline. hope this helps...

Thanks a lot!

Actually woops, I thanked too early.

I can't figure out which effect to use to make my clip black and white (as in no saturation) but it has to fade into black and white, not just suddenly become black and white.

Blog Entries

1. Cut the clip at the point you want the colour to fade by using the cut tool. This will create two clips.
    2. Apply the black and white effect under image control effects to the newly create clip on the timeline (the one to the right).
    3. Drop a cross disolve fade between the two clips

Thanks for taking the time to reply Marc, unfortunately a few things I can't figure out:

Apply the black and white effect under image control effects: Where's the image control effects? And to apply an effect do I just drag it on the clip?

Drop a cross disolve fade between the two clips: Where can I find a cross dissolve fade?

The "image control effects" can be found behind the left source monitor, you acces it by clicking the relevant tab.

Like with all effects in premiere it is found in the effect window, usual the bottom left hand corner of the screen

Thank you!

I have recently been trying to do this in Premiere Pro but keep one colour from an object on the video I was editing to give a spot color effect. I found the following information really helpful. https://goo.gl/s8XJ3g