Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My vid..

Default My vid..

I was approached by a French car tuning magazine asking if I was freelance. I ended up producing this for them last moment, after the event, i.e. i was just there filming for the hell of it and some practice on the day, its not perfect It would have been alot better if on the day I had been there knowing this would happen

Click here

Ed
    First B/W semi pro music video in the bag! More to come.
    Dual Athlon MP 2800+ 2 Gig DDR Ram Pinnacle Edition V6.1 pro 2xXL1s

Blog Entries

Hmmm, fast cars...

Real shame you couldn't get closer to the action to get more "into the mix". If you're not REALLY into drag racing, it kinda gets a tad repetative watching cars racing up. Would have been good to have seen the drivers and close ups on the cars - close enough to see a car emerging from tyre smoke for example. Or the now ubiquitous channel 4 elevation shot

Shame about the lampposts in the background getting in shot too. What camera did you use? Was there any way of making the pans a little less shaky? You could always give steadymove a whirl...

It does get a bit repetitive. Do you have any more crowd scenes, or scenes of any kind to put in between each race? Even if it's jsut people standing around or people behind the scenes, just something to break it up a bit. Also, the music is good, but the commentray needs to be a lot louder, if there's a bit of variation in the commentray, that should make it seem a bit different.

And yes, although it's too late now, more angles would have been great too.

The intro was good - nice and moody, great use of fade and pan.

Well ill tell you some of the reasons its like it is:

1, I was on the media stand. They saw me with camera and asked if I was 'Media' i replyed umm yes and invited me up to sign on, to which i 'forgot' to do (never asked before didnt know what it would involve), so I didnt want to leave just incase they didnt let me back on (they were turning other jo-bloggs away.)

2. Its very much a thing for people who like their cars. If your the target audiance you will definately know them and the drivers etc, and therefor it is alot more interesting to watch.

3 panning, I had a Velbon D700 which at the time was broken and offered no fricton or damping on its pan, this made it difficult to work with, I used an XL1s with standard lens which had trouble with keeping in focus even when used in manual as i zoomed in (not to mention trying to control the rate of zoom.) That is why i was there to see if how the 16x behaved really.
    I have since purchased the 14x fugi fully manual lens, and shall be back to have another go somtime later. I also now have another xl1s so I am not so restricted with positioning.

The intro was taken using stills from a Canon 300D, which I was also using between filming, oh and the posts, they are a nightmare its just the way the stand is, and when I arrived I could not get to the end because the BBC was there !! :o

Ed

Thought it was fun to watch.

My only gripe though, is that because I actually liked it and the angle you were filming from, I could see the times for the left lane.

If you jotted them down a caption, showing the times and speeds, at the end of each race would go down well - at least withme.

Quote Originally Posted by DV_Ed
    The intro was taken using stills from a Canon 300D
    I've just bought myself one of those as a Christmas Present to myself

I was certainly impressed enough in the shops. How do you like it?

Its BRILLIANT. I have had mine since August, and have taken over 3500 images with it (I've not reset the counter yet) I have always liked SLR cameras, and its just like being back at home after being used to compact digital cameras for the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by DV_Ed
    I've not reset the counter yet)
    Can't wait to find out what that means. Sounds like it keeps a permanent record of how many have been taken. Why would it do that? Maybe just so poeple can post to forums and say, I;ve taken x pictures so far

Or maybe, and hopefully, because it's more parctical, it used the count to build the filename onteh CF card. Now that would be handy, to avoid photoso with duplicate names.

I agree with the comments which have already been posted but really enjoyed watching it. Some impressive performance there. Makes my car look a bit pathetic
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Quote Originally Posted by LJR
    I agree with the comments which have already been posted but really enjoyed watching it. Some impressive performance there. Makes my car look a bit pathetic
    Didn't I see you Reliant Robin in the background Lloyd?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast