Thread: Short film: Choices: The life of Herman Krautinskij

Default Short film: Choices: The life of Herman Krautinskij

Hello people, i would like to show you a short film made by some my videomakers friends, the Wallett's Productions. They are a very young cast, so they haven't so much experience, but trust me, maybe you're gonna like this thing. Please, feel free to write any comment, thank you.

The story is about a day in the life of a young man who can not make a choice my himself easily.

Title - Choices: The life of Herman Krautinskij
    Year - 2009
    Runtime - 10 min
    Wallett's Productions

Very good job, the storyline is great as well as the funny/grotesque thing about the choices. well done.

Blog Entries

I'm sure we've seen this before and commented on it.
    Tim

I really tried to like it but didn't. I think I'm not the target audience. I couldn't develop an empathy with Herman. I just cames across as too silly but not in a funny way. I appreciate what you were trying to do with the music changes but it didn't work for me. It's great that you used Smart-Sound tunes and not break copyright so I applaud you for doing that.

The whole thing needs to be cut down in the editing to speed up the pace and reduce the length. 10 mins is just too long for a piece without dialogue like this.

I think you have some film making talent so I encourage you to keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I really tried to like it but didn't. I think I'm not the target audience. I couldn't develop an empathy with Herman. I just cames across as too silly but not in a funny way. I appreciate what you were trying to do with the music changes but it didn't work for me. It's great that you used Smart-Sound tunes and not break copyright so I applaud you for doing that.

The whole thing needs to be cut down in the editing to speed up the pace and reduce the length. 10 mins is just too long for a piece without dialogue like this.

I think you have some film making talent so I encourage you to keep going.
    Thanks for your comment! Yeah is it 10 minutes long but its a wanted aspect.

too long, lost interest real fast, needs huge edit
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

I liked it! At first I agreed with other comments regarding it being too slow and too long. The beginning was a bit drawn out and seemed to have a few unnecessary scenes. But as it progressed I began to really appreciate the modern take on the old silent films, which often took their time getting to the point as well.

The story is well written, comical, serious, and has a good resolution. It kept me guessing. And although I had to force myself to keep watching at first, the action eventually picked up and I'm glad I watched it in its entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by BroChris View Post
    I liked it! At first I agreed with other comments regarding it being too slow and too long. The beginning was a bit drawn out and seemed to have a few unnecessary scenes. But as it progressed I began to really appreciate the modern take on the old silent films, which often took their time getting to the point as well.

The story is well written, comical, serious, and has a good resolution. It kept me guessing. And although I had to force myself to keep watching at first, the action eventually picked up and I'm glad I watched it in its entirety.

I'm so happy you liked it! Thanks for comment!