Thread: trimming in source window

Default trimming in source window

Hello,

When I open a clip in the source window, I want to set in and out points there before I drop it into the timeline.

When I drag the inpoint, the image shown is where I'm scrubbing/dragging. that's OK.
    When I drag the blue pointer, I see the image where I'm scrubbing. Pretty normal.
    When I drag the outpoint however, the clip is showing the beginning of the clip (around the inpoint). It's not showing to which image I'm trimming the clip. Very annoying.

This didn't happen in CS2s. Now that I'm on CS4 I wonder if there's a setting I have to change? Have Adobe changed trimming procedures? I found no info elsewhere. I hope you can help.

Greetings and thanks for your wisdom.
    S

when trimming in the source window all i do is press "i" for the inpoint and "o" for the out point, as i have done in every version of premiere pro 1.5.

by the sound of it you're trying to make it more complicated than you need to.

Thanks for your advice but this doesn't really answer my question. Why is the source window showing the beginning of my clip when I drag the outpoint? By the way, if there is no inpoint yet, and I drag the outpoint to the left, the screen goes black. I find this most disturbing, even though it may not be your way of working.

Any thoughts?

Somethings not right here.

when i drag a clip down and i have yet to set either an in or out point i will get the whole video. nothing goes black.

also after setting the in and out points are you dragging the video down from the bin or the source monitor.

Blog Entries

I have just replicated your steps as below in a fresh installation of CS4

1. When I drag the inpoint, the image shown is where I'm scrubbing/dragging. that's OK.
    2. When I drag the blue pointer, I see the image where I'm scrubbing. Pretty normal.
    3. When I drag the outpoint however, the clip is showing the beginning of the clip (around the inpoint). It's not showing to which image I'm trimming the clip.
    For point 3, when the output is dragged, the source monitor shows the output according to the position of the output marker. Whe I finish dragging and release output market, the source monitor displays the image at the "blue pointer". In other words, what you're experiencing is not normal behavour.

if there is no inpoint yet, and I drag the outpoint to the left, the screen goes black.
    I am also unable to replicate this. However, every time I do this, I get a fatal error and Premiere crashes.

Are you experiencing this on all clips, or just one clip? Have you loaded the clip into CS2 and attempted the same? As I cannot replicate the event, the only variable is the actual clip. Could you post the clip?