Thread: Sony Vegas serial number problems

Default Sony Vegas serial number problems

Hi

I really need some expertise :/ I bought Sony Vegas pro 9.0 a while ago, and due some problems I had to re-install my program today. The installment goes okay until I reach the tab where I'm supposed to write in my serial number. Every time I do, it says that "your trial has expired", and it keeps popping up every time I write it. I don't have a trial version, and I use the serial number I got with the package. I've double checked the letters and numbers several times, and it's correct. I've also tried to re-install it several times after, but it's the same thing.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by sigrid; 09-03-2009 at 03:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Best advice? Dont take advice here, contact Sony Support for the answer. They'll have direct access to your particulat serial and will assist you better than anyone else can.

I did contact support. The lady first told me to write the exact same serial number, with big letters, dashes etc. I did, nothng happend. Then she gave me a link with a possible issue, something about Vista's (I'm a Vista user) User Control Application denied full access to register the serial number correctly or something, and then told me to right click on my shortcut meny on the desktop and then select "run as administrator to grant full access. I did, but it didn't work. Then I disabled the user control, still nothing.

Frusrating? hells yeah! :(