Thread: New User with an Edit question

Default New User with an Edit question

I'm a brand new to video editing, using Cyberlink Powerdirector 7- newly acquired from somebody converting to MAC.

All I want to do is edit bits and pieces from camcorder videos which have been made over the years and which I've transferred to DVD.

I can get the VOB or AVI file into Powerdirector, no problem - but how on earth do you take out the bits on the file you don't want? The help file doesn't cover this properly - it just points you at the Trim function, which eventually seems to leave the part you don't want. I've downloaded the user manual from Cyberlink, and that doesn't help much either.

I'm missing something. Must be an age thing, coupled with a serious case of no gain without pain. Can somebody point me at a "cat sat on the mat" tutorial, where I can learn to cut out bits of my video.

Cheers

Bru

I don't use Cyberlink Powerdirector 7 but you seem to be highlighting the wrong parts of the clip. You seem to be deleting the part you want to keep and keeping the part you want to get rid of.

Thanks, Nicosony. That's the problem; I'm new to the whole thing and following the help [sic] files step by step. I'm setting the marker in at the beginning of the section I want to delete and the marker our at the end of the section I need to delete. It doesn't work. Whatever I save, and however I save it - it reverts back to the original file.

If this was an audio file, you'd simply highlight the section you wanted to delete and delete it.

I'm glad this piece of software didn't cost me very much. I've now spent a total of around four or five hours simply going round in circles.