Thread: Promotional film

1. Default Promotional film

Hi guys,

I have just finished this near finished version of a promotional film for a local holiday cottage firm and wanted to run it by y'all before submitting it as a final version.

Any comments and feedback most welcome. (I should add that the line drawn images are to match logos on their new website and the images they use are square - hence the square inset clips)

Cheers in advance

Last edited by Goldfinger; 08-31-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Some very nice shots in it but some don't work for me. The green yellow shots at the start and end look strange to say the least, the coloured frames don't do anything as you have a small enough frame to work in, they just make it even smaller. There is too much text to read in the short time it is up on screen, a voice over would work better. Download Quicktime Alt 181 and MPEG StreamClip 1.2 from Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows and get that square video to fit the entre rectangular playback frame now available on Youtube. Install and run Quicktime Alt 181 first and then install MPEG StreamClip 1.2 and run it. It has settings that will let you create a mp4 file for the Youtube, you can type in whatever data rate you want to keep the quality up and use a Custom Size of 640 wide by 360 high and see if that will fit the entire rectangular frame.

I liked it but there were few things that didn't worked for me.
    - the green effect at the beginning and end doesn't work for me
    - I wish there were more wide shots in the beginning
    - I thought the text effects were kinda amateurish

I hope that was helpful

4. Default

Thanks guys - appreciate your comments - will take a look.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by funkyraf View Post
    - I thought the text effects were kinda amateurish

I hope that was helpful
    It might help further if you could elaborate on this. Do you mean the effects themselves were amateurish or did you mean done in an amateur way/implemented poorly?
    Tim

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Download Quicktime Alt 181 and MPEG StreamClip 1.2 from Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows and get that square video to fit the entre rectangular playback frame now available on Youtube. Install and run Quicktime Alt 181 first and then install MPEG StreamClip 1.2 and run it. It has settings that will let you create a mp4 file for the Youtube, you can type in whatever data rate you want to keep the quality up and use a Custom Size of 640 wide by 360 high and see if that will fit the entire rectangular frame.
    Hi Nikosony,

I've downloaded the two items you mention above but am now completely lost as to how to actually work them to the effect you mention. Do I need to create a MP4 file first and then run it through MPEG StreamClip using the size settings you mention to get the right YouTube setting?

If you could let me know how to actually use these two pieces of software together to best effect I'd appreciate it.

Matt

I couldnt play the video. Its said play on youtube but when I tried it said it was private. Couldnt comment sorry.