Thread: Need Help Editing Audio in Vegas 9 Pro

Default Need Help Editing Audio in Vegas 9 Pro

I'm new to editing video (been doing audio with Cubase and Samplitude for years) and I'm trying to edit the audio (and video) in a 1 hour webinar presentation in Vegas Pro 9.

I need a free Audio Editor so I tried Reaper but it seems like it was just playing the vid and couldn't edit the audio. I also tried Wavosaur but when Vegas went to launch it, my system rebooted (could of been a fluke.) So next I thought I try Audacity and see if that works.

I also thought about rendering just the audio and then editing it in Cubase. After that replace the old audio.

Basically all the video is powerpoint presentation and I wanted to clean up the audio a bit (stuttering, coughs, kind of thing) then trim the video to fit the changes of the presentation.

Any tips on how to go about this? Is there a free audio editor that works well with Vegas 9 or should I try rendering the audio, edit it in Cubase, then replace the old. If so, just how do you go about it?

Thanks,
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by SEA View Post
    Is there a free audio editor that works well with Vegas 9 or should I try rendering the audio, edit it in Cubase, then replace the old. If so, just how do you go about it?
    - Well, you could do what I do and that is set-up VEgas to recognise your "preferred audio editor"! I have IzotopeRx setup for this.

Go| Options | Preferences | Audio | "Preferred Audio Editor" and browse to your audio editor's EXE file and go apply.

Now, right click on the Audio Event and choose: "Open Copy in Audio Editor" and your Vegas Audio Event should/will appear in your editor. Do your editing and save and what you get back when you return to Vegas is a "Take2" audio. I do this all the time when needing to use IzotopeRx from within Vegas.

Thanks Grazie for your reply!

It looks like a good program (and Sony has Sound Forge) and perhaps that's the way to go.

What about Adobe Creative Suite 4? Does it do any native audio editing?

Jamie

I can and also use SF, what do YOU have?

Well.. I was going to download Audacity since it's free and try it out (Here's the link) Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

But instead I imported the whole file into Cubase SX3 and editing the audio there.

After that, I'll import that audio in Vegas and then attempted to line up the video with it.

I'll let ya know if there's any more help needed for sure!

Jamie