Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: avchd users .... describe your work flow

Default avchd users .... describe your work flow

got a new Sony camcorder and files are saved in the m2ts. format

recently upgraded to premiere elements 7 as apparntly it works with this format, but its crashing all the time.

Sooo, how are people working with avchd files ?

Could it be your comp specs are inadequate???
    Might a better prossesor do the trick???

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    got a new Sony camcorder and files are saved in the m2ts. format

recently upgraded to premiere elements 7 as apparntly it works with this format, but its crashing all the time.

Sooo, how are people working with avchd files ?
    I gave up on Elements 7 and installed Corel ProX2 and then set the smart proxies to something easy for the computer to handle, I just switch of smart render which is supposed to speed the rendering but seems to do the odd glitch, so now just let it render and make a cup of tea.

Default Tea

Yep!!! Teas the answer Brian, Never mind the rendering

@ Solway,

My machine should be up to the job, quad core, 6GB ram, blah blah blah ....

having read the Adobe forums seems, I'm certainly not the only one having problems with PE7 :-/

Ti's a pity cos Ive been using PE4 for ages and know my way around it pretty well now moving on to version 7 would seem to be logical progression.

seems the best work around is to convert the MT2s files to avi's .....
    Last edited by enc; 08-30-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wandering-free View Post
    I gave up on Elements 7 and installed Corel ProX2 and then set the smart proxies to something easy for the computer to handle, I just switch of smart render which is supposed to speed the rendering but seems to do the odd glitch, so now just let it render and make a cup of tea.

I installed a trial of Corel X2 earlier in the week and it does seem to cope better with the MT files than PE7 does.

I like the File batch converter and it seems to work well but the programs a bit thin on FX and transitions. still, not bad for 40.00 ! i may end up investing unless i find a solution with Elements 7.

err, what are smart proxies

I'm running a trial version of Sony Vegas Pro 9 at the moment and it does the business. There is the cheaper Platinum 9 aswell and both take in the files straight from the SD card so no need to change them to anything else. Work away in .mts or .m2ts and then output in whatever format you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    I'm running a trial version of Sony Vegas Pro 9 at the moment and it does the business. There is the cheaper Platinum 9 aswell and both take in the files straight from the SD card so no need to change them to anything else. Work away in .mts or .m2ts and then output in whatever format you want.

your only bloody right aren't you

just downloaded a trial of platinum 9 and it works a dream

ive been using pro 8 for magic bullet FX .... saving my vids as AVI's importing them into pro 8 to add magic bullet FX then exporting back to PE to burn to disc..... its time consuming and all the bouncing of layers obviously doesn't do my footage much good !

As i said earlier i can pretty much use PE with my eyes closed and i dont really relish the learning curve of a new editing program but it looks like im gonna have to bight the bullet LOL

nice one Nikosony

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    I installed a trial of Corel X2 earlier in the week and it does seem to cope better with the MT files than PE7 does.

I like the File batch converter and it seems to work well but the programs a bit thin on FX and transitions. still, not bad for 40.00 ! i may end up investing unless i find a solution with Elements 7.

err, what are smart proxies
    Smart proxies are copies of any high resolution say 1920x1080 clip re-sized to what ever resolution you select, it could be 720x576 or less, this copy is what the computer uses when you do your editing, when you export (share) your video, it switches back to the original MTS files, you don't have to do anything, it is very useful if your computer is struggling with high resolution files.

Quote Originally Posted by wandering-free View Post
    Smart proxies are copies of any high resolution say 1920x1080 clip re-sized to what ever resolution you select, it could be 720x576 or less, this copy is what the computer uses when you do your editing, when you export (share) your video, it switches back to the original MTS files, you don't have to do anything, it is very useful if your computer is struggling with high resolution files.
    ahh, cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast