Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Files go offline, and clips to timeline error.

1. Default Files go offline, and clips to timeline error.

Hello there,
    I got this very annoying problem. Sometimes when i try to drag a clip from the "explorer" button in vegas to the timeline it doesnt work. it cant be dropped. And sometimes clips go "media offline". It does actually work if i drag them from a folder outside of vegas and on to the timeline but then i get the "media offline" error.

Anyone got some ideas on why this happends, Its mostly with mp4 files that this happends, hd clips from my camera. I use Vegas 8.0 btw
    Thanks for the help in advance

EDIT:
    added a pic so you can se what error i get. Why does it always have to be so much problems, why cant just things work!!
    Last edited by MoviekraB; 08-28-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Cllutching at straws, have you installed the latest version 8 (8.0c)? The release notes state:
    Improved reading for certain 3GP and MP4 files which may or may not have anything to do with what you're experiencing.
    Tim

3. Default

I updated now, still got the problem, atleast with the saved project, i allso got that damn memory bug now

Blog Entries

That makes me feel bad. Sorry.
    Tim

5. Default

i had the problem before i updated hehe dont worry

I have something very similar to this. I'm using Vegas 9.0a. I'll open a project and get exactly the same message as you do about files being unavailable. But it only happens with the first project I open after switching the PC on. If i quit Vegas and launch it again the project opens fine. Althought i can't prove it I think it may be something to do with the drives my media is stored on. Although they're internal I wonder if they have some kind of power save function that causes problems with Vegas. Just a guess.

Ian

Have you checked the properties, there is an option in there to make the media offline when Vegas is of focus.

Cheems? Try that again? Please . . .

Hi Guys

I think you have the answer. But where is the option??? If I minimise Vegas 9 (let's say to run my SmartSound software to get some music) The application focus moves from Vegas to the newly opened program so Vegas "loses focus"

When you restore Vegas from the task bar..all the media is "offline" and you then have to re-open the project.

I'm living with the issue as I didn't know that an option existed (obviously default)

Let us know if you find out where it is?????

Chris

FOUND IT!!!

Ok, from the top menu bar in Vegas, select "Options" and then "Preferences"

Under the "General Tab" you need to uncheck boxes 4 and 5 !! "Close media files when not the active application" and "Close audio and midi files when not the active application"

Click apply and you are done!! No more offline media!!!

Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast