Thread: Beginner Help Please

Default Beginner Help Please

So I recently get Sony Vegas 8 due to a sudden interest I seem to have taken in video editing. I am looking to start editing game videos, montages etc. (particularly of the competitive gaming scene, not that it matters). So I've been recording a lot of footage from Call of Duty 4 using my Dazzle DVC 100 and Pinnacle Studios 11.

However I am having a problem in using Sony Vegas 8. I have imported several videos, all recorded in the exact same quality, codec, everything except the length of the recordings. So by my logic Sony Vegas should handle all the videos in the same way right? The problem is, only one of the videos I have will run smoothly in the Sony Vegas preview window, the rest lag and jutter along, I do have a pretty crappy laptop but I don't see how it can run one video and not another. I have tried changing the quality of the preview window several times and the one video still runs smoothly but none of the others do. I saw someone say on YouTube that if I sit and flick through every frame one at a time it will help the video load and it'll run smoothly. I have tried this several times and still nothing.

This is really starting to annoy me, whenever I render the video the finished project runs smoothly on all qualities. But it's very hard to edit when you can't see what the video looks like before rendering it.

So if anyone knows how to fix this I'd really appreciate it. I'm very new to the program so doubtless there will be another problem pops up in a couple of hours.

If anyone was willing to help me via MSN messenger I'd also really really appreciate it.

jacomco@hotmail.com

Thanks a bunch!

Blog Entries

Are you absolutely sure that this one clip is exactly the same as the others. Google, download and install GSpot (free) and run it of the "good" file and a couple of others. Just to totally remove any doubts I may have. Please?

BTW is the "good" clip longer or shorter than the others?
    Tim

Thanks for the response! The good clip is 13 seconds shorter than the bad one. And I am 100% sure they have been recorded in the same way because they were both recorded in one long clip and then both edited out in the same way to two different video files.

Blog Entries

AH-hah! So what did you use to edit the one clip into 2. Vegas?
    Do you still have the original - if so can that be ued in Vegas?
    Tim

I edited the clip in Windows Movie Maker because all I was doing to it was creating two different files. I rendered them both in the exact same way from WMM. I don't have the original no, but I do have unedited videos which have been recorded in the same way is the one which I split and they do not run smoothly in Sony Vegas.