Thread: Help with Elements please

Default Help with Elements please

Hi All
    I've just installed Premiere Elements, as my computer cann't handle Premiere 6.0 or 6.5, which I've also got installed.
    I expected a very simple layout for editing, but I don't know if it's just a learning curve I'm on, but I am finding the effects control impossible to use.
    Can anyone give me some advice please.
    What I want to do is zoom into a part of a clip, starting at the start of the clip (first keyframe) & finishing at the end of the clip (last keyframe).
    The only zoom effect I can find is in the preset folder which I can't manage.

Any help would be very welcome
    Thanks
    Dave
    System - 2 gig athlon; 768 mg memory; xp home; premier 6.02; 2x60gig hard drives

Not sure of Elements, but I know 6.5. Drag the Transform filter onto the clip. In the Effects window, look at scale, there are two values, horizontal & vertical. You can click to maintain aspect ratio. First keyframe at 100%, then a few seconds later (depending on whether you want a fast or slow zoom), enter 500% or greater.

This will zoom into the centre. If you want a part of the image, then also keyframe the 'Position' variable to move it over. It must be a similar method in Elements. Hope this helps.

Tone
    Thanks for your reply.
    I'll try your suggestion & let you know
    Dave
    System - 2 gig athlon; 768 mg memory; xp home; premier 6.02; 2x60gig hard drives

Default No audio in the Timeline

I’m new to video edit and installed Premiere Elements. The problem is that audio is okay when I play the clip from Media but the when I put it onto the timeline an audio file appears but has no waveform and obviously does not playback.

I’ve checked the DV Playback Settings and have ‘Audio Playback’ set to ‘Play Audio on Audio Hardware’. This has happened with several AVI clips now.

Are there more settings for timeline audio?

Blog Entries

I know that Premiere conforms the audio before it can be played in the timeline - is this the same in elements?

I cannot find any reference to conforming the audio in Elements. The only option for the timeline is to render it.