Thread: Taking noise out of a MOV file

Default Taking noise out of a MOV file

Hey all....I'm new to the video world, I have a Canon 5D mark II with an external MIC attached. I know it's a cheaper MIC and that's why I am getting a lot of noise with it. Is there a program that I can literally just open the MOV in, hit noise reduction and then simply just hit save? Is that possible with video files? I tried oping it in Premiere and I got some noise reduction but I want to avoid all of that mess with saving it back out as another MOV or whatever. Hope that makes sense.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Whatever noise reduction technique you use, you are going to have to save it out as another file.

Furthermore improving poor sound is one of the most difficult things to do in video and even those most highly skilled at it with the best software cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

All I'm saying is whilst it may be worth having a go, don't expect miracles.

I kind of had a feeling that was going to be the conclusion. I am not needing them to sounds amazing just better than they are. I will give taking them out of the video a try. Thanks for the help!