Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Vegas Rendering problems.

Default Sony Vegas Rendering problems.

Hello Digital Director Community,

Recently, I've tried to render a video in sony vegas 9 PRO and it simply wont render. I'tl go on and on forever, I've left it for 10 minuites. to find it at 3 hours for render time and still sitting at 0% finished. now the clip im trying to render is around 15 seconds so, it cant take THAT long to render. the last 15-20 second clip i rendered it took 1 minute. Ive also tried rendering in different formats, nothing has worked.

My Computer Spec's:

Windows Vista Ulitmate 64Bit
    AMD X2 6000+ 3.1GHZ
    4GB Ram
    ATI Radeon 2600XT

Hi Inkless

If it does nothing after a few minutes then it's definately not going to render. You should also see the frame count go up in preview!!

I would have shut down and restarted!! If it still doesn't render, what are your source file properties, what are your project properties and what are you trying to render to?? (file type and template)

Computer specs are only an issue if the rendering is slow, not stopped!!!

Chris

Hm, Ive restarted a couple of times and that didnt fix it. for my videos im rendering as a .AVI (Ive tried .wmv and .mpg still nothing.) and im trying to render as NTSC DV Widescreen. i also have my project set to 720P ( 1280x720).

Hi

You are using an HD template for your project..is the footage in HD???? If so and you want to render to NTSC widescreen 720x480 then you must render down to an SD file so the format will have to be MPEG2 and the render template set to NTSC DVD.

All HD footage is already widescreen and if you need to render to an AVI then you will have to select a suitable codec under custom settings!

If you indeed have HD footage can you explain why you need to render to AVI and are you talking about SD AVI or HD AVI

Chris

The footage im using is in HD , or it SHOULD be in HD. Although. it still wont render in any circumstance. at all.

Hi Inkless

First of all open Project Properties and in the top right corner click the folder and navigate to the files you want to use and click on any one. Vegas will automatically be able to recognise the file and will set the correct attributes.

Secondly, is there any reason why you want to render to AVI??? Is it SD AVI or HD AVI????

Chris

Actually im trying to do HD Avi, And im trying to upload it to youtube ._.

Hi

Too simple!! An HD avi will be way too big!! You Tube prefer you to upload your HD video as a 1280x720 H264 Mp4 file.

Simply render your footage to .mp4 and if the video was interlaced when you shot it go into "Custom" in your render window and change the field order to "None - Progessive"

That way you will get a decent YT video and they will encode it to FLV so it runs on their player and will make the HD button available too

Chris

Well, thats some useful info for rendering!. Thanks. but now i cant even get it to render. It just keeps going and going and going ._.

Hi
    Can you tell me the properties that Vegas reports for your source file??? Size, type etc etc and what file you are trying to render to????

I can render almost anything in Vegas 9 Pro!!!

There is obviously a problem with your source file or we are missing something you are not doing???

Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast