Thread: Desperatly in need for - rendering/burning with DVDA Pro 5.0

Default Desperatly in need for - rendering/burning with DVDA Pro 5.0

Hi ..,
    I am fairly new and this is my first project with DVDA Pro 5.0 and I am in desperate need for help

I used Sony Movie Studio 9.0b to create my video (Panasonic camcorder) and had no problems - I rendered my video with Movie Studio - using the standard settings *.avi (PAL-DV widescreen option - video quality optimal) When I reviewed it via Media Player everything is ok.
    After finishing the project I opened DVDA Pro 5.0 - created a starting page, a slide show with an audio track (mp3) and added the rendered video. In the preview mode everything is fine!
    Then I started creating a dvd (the only settings in the project properties I changed (language for title etc. from english to German and the video format PAL DV Widescreen) - I have chosen the option write to Image Reader ... DVDA now renders everything (also the previously rendered video via Movie Studio) and creates an iso-image. When I now play this image using the Media Player ....
    I encounter the following problems:

• color of all images in the entire project (not matter if starting page, video or slideshow pictures) are subdued ..... almost black and white
    • the slideshow and the video now have "split screens" .... upper part: upper part of the picture / lower part of the screen: big bright green bar

How can I fix these issues?

Read several threads in this forum and I tried to find the option to save audio as ac3, but found out that Movie Studio does not have this option
    now I try to see what eliminating the audio track at the slideshow option will do.

Blog Entries

I suggest you go back to basics and see where the problem starts to mainifest itself.
    Create your MPEG 2
    Create a simple - one film DVD (no menues no intros no nothing.

What happens?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I suggest you go back to basics and see where the problem starts to mainifest itself.
    Create your MPEG 2
    Create a simple - one film DVD (no menues no intros no nothing.

What happens?
    First I had no success with my project by deleting the audio at the picture compilation. Then I followed your advice and tried to create a simple DVD. I rendered a part of the movie with Movie Studio as MPEG2 - opened this file in DVDA .... preview showed everything perfectly! Burned it as iso image .... same result as with the former project ...... ALMOST NO COLOR + SPLIT SCREEN WITH THE GREEN BAR at the lower end.
    I am totally lost and cannot explain what happens during the rendering/burning process ..... because the preview is perfect.

Do you know what happens when I uninstall and reinstall DVDA - will this help. But unfortunately I do not have the authorization number anymore .... deleted the mail after I completed the registration process.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Costa1991 View Post
    First I had no success with my project by deleting the audio at the picture compilation. Then I followed your advice and tried to create a simple DVD. I rendered a part of the movie with Movie Studio as MPEG2 - opened this file in DVDA .... preview showed everything perfectly! Burned it as iso image .... same result as with the former project ...... ALMOST NO COLOR + SPLIT SCREEN WITH THE GREEN BAR at the lower end.
    I am totally lost and cannot explain what happens during the rendering/burning process ..... because the preview is perfect.
    It's not clear to me what you're using to burn your image. Are you using DVDA? If not, why not? I ask because it sounds as if the problem occurs when burning the image rather than creating it from what you've described.

Do you know what happens when I uninstall and reinstall DVDA - will this help. But unfortunately I do not have the authorization number anymore .... deleted the mail after I completed the registration process.
    No problem. If you registered the software with Sony Creative Software all the serail numbers will be there when you log into your account. If you didn't register, you'll need to obtain your serial numbers from whoever you bought it from. Hopefully it was direct from SCS so they'll sort you out on production of an order number, or failing that approximate date etc.

There's a moral here about retaining serial numbers.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It's not clear to me what you're using to burn your image. Are you using DVDA? If not, why not? I ask because it sounds as if the problem occurs when burning the image rather than creating it from what you've described.

For burning the project I used the option "Write to Iso Image Writer" within DVDA Pro 5.0

No problem. If you registered the software with Sony Creative Software all the serail numbers will be there when you log into your account. If you didn't register, you'll need to obtain your serial numbers from whoever you bought it from. Hopefully it was direct from SCS so they'll sort you out on production of an order number, or failing that approximate date etc.

There's a moral here about retaining serial numbers.
    What do you mean with a moral???

I did not register the software and I used the method to retrieve my serial number described on the Sony Creative Software Homepage (FQA) and re-installed both software pakages (Movie Studio 9.0b and DVDA Pro 5.0) and received the authorization codes. After reinstalling the software I "reloaded" the project in Movie Studio, rendered it (using the DVDA compatible option), made a menue based DVDA project and burned it via DVDA as iso image and guess what

A MIRACLE HAPPENED ... IT WORKED!!!!! NO SUBDUED COLORS; NO BIG GREEN BARS!!! I am happy now
    But still do not know why I did not work the first time!!

Blog Entries

What do you mean with a moral???
    In other words learn your lesson and keep your serial numbers.

Same as "the moral of the story is: always ensure you have an up to date backup"

Glad your problem is resolved anyway.
    Tim

Thanks a lot TimStannard ... your tip "to play" with a short mpeg2-movie showed me the right track and your morale support to reinstall the programs and redo the project was highly appreciated!!