Thread: sync without render?

Default sync without render?

Hi folks,

Hopefully i can explain this properly.

I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 9 and im wondering if its possible to take the video i have, add the seperate audio streams i recorded, sync them up and output them without going through a rendering process. I want them to remain in their original format to save on a rendering pass, and the time that comes with it.

I may be going about this the long way but basically im just looking to sync up all my clips in seperate files then import them to edit my first rough cut. I went through the manual but could'nt find what i was looking for.

Thanks a lot.

Blog Entries

I may have missed the point, but if I understand what you're trying to do correctly I don't see why you're trying to export a sync'd file in the first place.
    If all you want to do is ensure the video and the synced audio are treated as one, use the "Group" function. Select your audio and video and press the "G" key.

After all when you capture from a camera, this is exactly what you are getting - a video and one (or more if you're using 5.1) audio track which are grouped together.
    Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have maybe 2-5 takes of each scene. What i wanted to do was sync the video and audio of each scene, audition them, then choose the strongest take. For the "keepers" grouping would be fine.

I would also like all remaining takes of every scene to be synced for later viewing without having to open sony vegas to play them or re-encode the video as the video is fine.

So basically to have the audio attached to the files so that i can double click the file to play in a media player like the original files on the sd card would do with the video and audio recorded on internal mics.

I hope that makes sense and thanks again.

Blog Entries

Hmmm. I don't think you've any choice but to re-render. Whilst I realise you're not changing the video, you are changing the final output file (cos it's a different audio track). I'm not sure that smart rendering is that smart!
    Tim

Think i have it, drop the first clip on the timeline and then drop the next take on top, using this method, right click the next take and drop on top of the first take, then take the option As TAKES. when playing back press "T" to swap between the different takes of the scene