Thread: help:adobe premiere elements failed to return a video frame cancelling the operation

1. Default help:adobe premiere elements failed to return a video frame cancelling the operation

ok i need help and help fast, by right now im about to take my laptop and chuck it through the window...... ok so..... i have adobe premiere elements 4.0.... i have seen many threads at different places on this but they are all for adobe pro...... so every time i go to export my 17 minuite video..... after about 3 minuites of the video being exported.... it stops with a alert box that says...
    "adobe premiere elements failed to return a video frame cancelling the operation"....... and then i cant export it... AVI also does not work.... right now i just wanna focus on the exporting andstuff... but also every time i get on its says ....adobe premeire elements is running very low on system memory save your project and proceed with caution..... my ptogram always shuts down on me after using it for like 30 seconds...... then i have to bring it back up....
    i cant even watch 10 seconds of my video without it shutting down and crashing on me.... this rlly annoys me considering it takes 5 minutes for my program to load back up..... i run on windows vista...... and ive tried exporting this on quicktime windows media, AVI, mpeg.... stc. with no results.... plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you have a bad avi file, it also seams like you could be low on system resources.

what are your laptops specs?

3. Default

uhhh what do you mean by specs im allittle confused.... im a real good editer... but im kinda a newb when it comes to the terms....
    well if i start task manager while im running adobe it shows my memory usage from like a little above 8%... to directly to 99%..... is there like a way to set my preferancesa to adobe for it not to contain history or anything.... and how can I get rid and free some memory and stuff..... on my program..... i have a new laptop and its got a pretty big hard drive.... ? any suggestions..... the main problem is exportin it right now but this is also a biggy... cus i think i might of fixed the exportin problem except now almost half way through the expoting.... it stops workin and shutsdown..... guess cus its usin too much memory... while exportin... i rlly dont know give me some suggestions??? do u know how to free memory and make my program run better???

well do you have any model numbers? or anything. most laptops are fitted with 2gb of memory. becasue if it is crashing that much, there is something seriously wrong somewhere.

also have you tried export as dv-avi? this should get the best results and from that you can convert using a 3rd party application to xvid or whatever.

5. Default

uhh yah ive tried and i think that worked with the glitch.... in the story line.... but it stopped like half way through and shut down..... I have a dell.... windows vista... uhhh studio.....Dell studio..?? i rlly dont knwo much... but its has 4gb memory... i think... it was prety good...

ive seen in other threads at places that there was a gap in the timeline and that error box pops up and it stops when it gets to the the point of the gap or "glitch" so i deleted that.... and i re-edited it and when I tried to export it again it worked fine and when past the point but after about halfway through.... it shutdown from the memory usage or w/e... so right now im guessin thats the main problem.....

6. Default

any ideas????!!!!

7. Default

can someone plz help me soon!!!!!!! i have a due date for this project!!!

Your best option may be to take it to a local pc shop and have them have a look at it. if you have 4GB of memory and you're getting warnings then somethings not right

9. Default

well i dont have time to do that ... i need it by tommmorow night!!!... any other suggestions???? from anyone else??!!!